• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

It's still early enough in the season and Gibson is still a young player, but man.  It sure seems like a lot of us were wrong about him being ready to take over completely.  He has not been very good this season.  I mean.... he just hasn't.  

Its not all on him either, the D failing to clear the crease and clear the zone doesn't help.  Neither do the retarded turnovers.  This guy has to make some fucking saves tho.  Not good at all.  I had a bad feeling about this one.  The Ducks always get dominated by speed.  The Penguins, Lightning.... etc they all own us. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

How are you guys feeling about our chances with the core group ? Window just keeps getting smaller.  I've been thinking about that quite a bit lately.  If Gibson isn't ready for the lights then we're fucked.  

On the bright side, Kesler has looked as good as ever. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

How are you guys feeling about our chances with the core group ? Window just keeps getting smaller.  I've been thinking about that quite a bit lately.  If Gibson isn't ready for the lights then we're fucked.  

On the bright side, Kessler has looked as good as ever. 

I think it's so important that the kid line, and the other kid line are doing so well.  Carlyle has 4 lines right now.  It's up to him on using them right. 

But we really need performances like Nehmi tonight.  And those don't seem to be often lately.  It seems like we blow teams out, or are in a gunfight.  And rarely where our goaltender just steals one.

I blame the defense more than Gibby. He hasn't been Carey Price but he also isn't Jonas Hiller. The team in general is meh. We'll get in the playoffs and maybe get to the 2nd round with a favorable matchup in round 1 but this team is nothing special. The Perry/Getzlaf window is closed imo but then again I don't consider them the top line anymore. Rakell is carrying that line. Aside from that I feel more confident with the Kesler and Vermette lines on the ice.

1 hour ago, HaloCory22 said:

I blame the defense more than Gibby. He hasn't been Carey Price but he also isn't Jonas Hiller. The team in general is meh. We'll get in the playoffs and maybe get to the 2nd round with a favorable matchup in round 1 but this team is nothing special. The Perry/Getzlaf window is closed imo but then again I don't consider them the top line anymore. Rakell is carrying that line. Aside from that I feel more confident with the Kesler and Vermette lines on the ice.

I'm a bit more optimistic assuming we have a starting goalie in GIbson and the D gets it shit together.  Perry has been getting going hopefully and as ive mentioned before.  As far as i'm concerned Getzlaf is pretty much Getzlaf.  Arbitrarily I feel like we may have at least one more season with this group.  Im still hopeful for this year of course.  Last year the team didn't get going until after Christmas.  We're in better shape at this point then we were last year at least.  But yea, as far the window.  Its fading pretty fast.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I don't buy the 'window' concept. It depends on the caliber of player and the organizations ability to scout and draft/develop. Not to mention, in a salary cap scenario these characteristics become even more important.

Getzlaf and Perry are at full salary. When they're gone, someone else can fill their payroll spots.

Bad contracts are a much bigger issue for an organization than 'windows'. 

23 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I don't buy the 'window' concept. It depends on the caliber of player and the organizations ability to scout and draft/develop. Not to mention, in a salary cap scenario these characteristics become even more important.

Getzlaf and Perry are at full salary. When they're gone, someone else can fill their payroll spots.

Bad contracts are a much bigger issue for an organization than 'windows'. 

I agreed. Look at Marleau & Thornton on the Sharks their in their late 30s & their Window is only now starting to close due to age.
Getz & Perry still have many years left before their 37.

13 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

I agreed. Look at Marleau & Thornton on the Sharks their in their late 30s & their Window is only now starting to close due to age.
Getz & Perry still have many years left before their 37.

yep.

granted marleau has sucked for a while. most sharks fans are expecting him gone after this season.

joe tho is stil elite. they'll keep him as long as he wants to stay.

god the D is so bad.  8 scoring chances for the Ducks to 4 for the Bruins.  When the Ducks d breaks down they break down disastrously.  Such a horrible turnover on that goal. 

I think the idea of the window is mostly valid.  We'll be paying max contracts to guys that some of you already think aren't elite players anymore.  Obviously the hope is that Getzlaf preforms like Joe Thornton but its tough to bet on it.  I think Getzlaf and Perry both have a couple more years of elite hockey left.  The pressure is on.  These guys need to win.  Otherwise its time to suck and get some draft picks. 

Edited by UndertheHalo