• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

5 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Ritchie + Silfverberg vs Bobby Ryan. LOL. 9 points in 21 games for Bobby Ryan.

Bobby Ryan trade paying off for Anaheim Ducks

General manager Bob Murray dealt the fan favorite Ryan to Ottawa in the summer of 2013 and in return got Jakob Silfverberg, Stefan Noesen and a first-round pick that would be the 10th overall selection in the 2014 draft.

The Ducks took Ritchie with that No. 10 pick and the second-year power forward is progressing along as he got his seventh goal of the season Sunday in a win over Ottawa.

In an ironic twist, the Ducks wound up with Noesen anyway after not getting him when Ottawa selected the native Texan with the 21st pick in 2011. The Ducks, who wanted him, were at No. 22 and Murray turned it into another one of his best deals.

Murray sent that pick to Toronto for the 30th and 39th selections. The Maple Leafs chose winger Tyler Biggs and the Ducks used those to take Rickard Rakell and John Gibson, two building blocks for the franchise.

19 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I forgot about Noesen's goal. The point total for those 3 players in the Ryan trade: 32 points, 16 goals, 16 assists.

Is Bobby Ryan the next Jonathan Cheechoo in terms of massive decline at age 29 ? https://www.nhl.com/player/jonathan-cheechoo-8467357

Cheechoo played his last NHL season for Ottawa.

To be far to Bobby.  At least he can skate. Cheechoo wouldn't even be considered a competent skater among decent high school players.  That's not an exaggeration, he was literally that bad.  Amazing shot, but the guy wasn't a very good player.  It's incredible to me that he managed to have the few good seasons that he did have. 

Bobby is a good player.  A pure sniper, that's it.  He reminds me a lot of Petr Sykora in some ways.  He needs the right situation to have success.  Ottawa sucks. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

To be far to Bobby.  At least he can skate. Cheechoo wouldn't be even considered a competent skater among decent high school players.  That's not an exaggeration, he was literally that bad.  Amazing shot, but the guy wasn't a very good player.  It's incredible to me that he managed to have the few good seasons that he did have. 

Bobby is a good player.  A pure sniper, that's it.  He reminds me a lot of Petr Sykora in some ways.  He needs the right situation to have success.  Ottawa sucks. 

True. What I found interesting is that in his last 3 games Ryan has just 1 shot on goal.

20 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

To be far to Bobby.  At least he can skate. Cheechoo wouldn't even be considered a competent skater among decent high school players.  That's not an exaggeration, he was literally that bad.  Amazing shot, but the guy wasn't a very good player.  It's incredible to me that he managed to have the few good seasons that he did have. 

playing with jumbo joe will do that. ;) dude is insane good.

Just now, Scioscia4MVP said:

On the Ottawa Senator forums people are wanting Ryan to be taken by Vegas. I goofed up, its 4 games & 1 shot on goal for Ryan.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2153893

In general they seem quite negative on Ryan & alot of Praise towards Silfverberg.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2151767&page=25

I don't think Vegas will want to take him.