• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

From hockey's futures analysis. 

Shaw is a big winger who does not hesitate to use his frame to his advantage but is more than a checking line winger. He is willing to absorb punishment at the top of the crease or engage in puck battles along the boards and is a strong skater with a willingness to drive to the net, Shaw can also help out on the penalty kill. Steadily adapting to the pace and higher skill level of pro hockey, he has shown flashes of the playmaking ability he displayed in junior hockey and is scoring more consistently in his second AHL season.

Shaw played in 56 games, including three playoff contests, for the Florida Panthers in 2015-16. At the end of his original entry-level contract, he would become an unrestricted free agent if not tendered a qualifying offer by Florida. A big forward who doesn't play an overly physical game, Shaw projects as a lower line two-way forward with some scoring ability.

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/logan_shaw/#oz9PYQebpYSQBzi0.99

First game of the season for me last night. Great to be back at Honda Center. A lot of fun. Solid game all around even with Holzer and Bieksa in the lineup. That Kesler line... I'll tell you what. That Carlyle system is making them the top line on the team. They're putting the Getzlaf line to absolute shame.

I think Kesler has always been that sort of player.  Just through sheer will and effort sometimes he sure does look like the best player on the ice.  Silfeveberg is rounding out nicely as well, and Cogs is Cogs.....just a solid player.  If you want to feel good about the Ducks take a look at Bobby Ryan's stats.  Bobby is a good player but that trade has worked out wonderfully for us.

Getzlaf and Perry are playing well this year, but I don't think we've seen their best hockey yet this season.  Hopefully we haven't anyway. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Kesler has always been that sort of player.  Just through sheer will and effort sometimes he sure does look like the best player on the ice.  Silfeveberg is rounding out nicely as well, and Cogs is Cogs.....just a solid player.  If you want to feel about the Ducks take a look at Bobby Ryan's stats.  Bobby is a good player but that trade has worked out wonderfully for us.

Getzlaf and Perry are playing well this year, but I don't think we've see their best hockey yet this season.  Hopefully we haven't anyway. 

The trade is starting to look like Highway robbery this year. Bobby Ryan for Silfverberg, Ritchie(Draft pick) & Noesen:

Ritchie: 4 goals, 1 assist, 5 points in 16 games. Silfverberg: 6 goals, 6 assists, 12 points in 18 games.

Ryan: 3 goals, 3 assists, 6 points in 17 games.

Bobby Ryan played for a more high scoring team last season than the Ducks, Senators were quite good at putting the puck in the net but gave up so many goals.|
What seems to be happening is Bobby when Healthy isn't scoring goals like he used to.

18 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Kesler has always been that sort of player.  Just through sheer will and effort sometimes he sure does look like the best player on the ice.  Silfeveberg is rounding out nicely as well, and Cogs is Cogs.....just a solid player.  If you want to feel about the Ducks take a look at Bobby Ryan's stats.  Bobby is a good player but that trade has worked out wonderfully for us.

Getzlaf and Perry are playing well this year, but I don't think we've see their best hockey yet this season.  Hopefully we haven't anyway. 

kesler was our MVP last year no question.

after everyone pulled their head of of their asses, he went on a tear over second half.