• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

8 hours ago, nate said:

Rakell looks amazing so far.  Glad he is back.

In addition to him being back I think the offense on the team will be improved over last year.

Bounce back seasons from Getzlaf/Perry, Silfverberg based on his past slow starts is probably good for 25 to 30 goals this year, Rakell about the same if he stays healthy.

Fowler finding his 2010 shooting ability is going to help this year alot too. When Hampus is back they will have 4 defensemen who can shoot well.

Since they've been using Fowler/Manson, I suspect we'll see the Lindholm/Vatanen pairing that worked well in the playoffs & Bieksa pushed to the 3rd pair with Theodore or Stoner.

Holzer & Bieksa a -1 in the game as usual. Can't wait for Hampus to be ready so that Holzer plays much less.

I'd keep the Fowler/Manson pairing, go with Lindholm/Vatanen as the 2nd unit when Hampus is ready then that leaves Stoner/Bieksa for the 3rd unit unless Theodore returns then its Theodore/Bieksa.

Always nice to get a W.  My biggest thing is that i'm glad to see most of the forwards being pretty productive in the last 14 days.  Particularly good to see scoring out of Kesler and Silfverberg.  If only we could get Getzlaf to put some goals in....he's getting plenty of assists at least.  This road trip will be a good gauge of how the team is coming together.

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

Not a fan of Ritchie up on the top line. Should be Rakell. It was pretty evident last night how limited Rakell was playing on the 3rd line. Otherwise, great game.

See I like Ritchie up top.  I think it gives us a very heavy skilled top line, and i think its good for Ritchies development.  Rakell has demonstrated strong play making ability away from the twins.  Skating him with Vermette or Kesler and Silfverberg helps the scoring depth.  

24 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

See I like Ritchie up top.  I think it gives us a very heavy skilled top line, and i think its good for Ritchies development.  Rakell has demonstrated strong play making ability away from the twins.  Skating him with Vermette or Kesler and Silfverberg helps the scoring depth.  

Cogs, Silfverberg, and kessler.  If it ain't broke......

If anything, a Rakell, Vermette, Perry line would be interesting.  Rakell and Perry did well last season.  And vermette with his like 2000% faceoff percentage would mean a lot of possession for that line.

But then again, you would need to find another scorer for the Getzlaf/Ritchie line. 

I think if anything, it just shows.  We need another winger.  Hopefully someone will get trade value up on the D enough to want to make a trade.  And I really don't think Fowler, Vatannen, or Lindholm are on the table anymore.  And you know Theodore won't be. 

I liked the combination of Perry and Rakell last year. I think that line centered by Vermette would be awesome. 

However, I agree it means we would need a scorer for the Getzlaf line. With that said, I don't mind Ritchie on the top line. He has played well this season and I think it will only continue to get better as he gains more experience. Rakell has done well enough to start his season.