• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

This embellishment call is bullshit

You know, the thing is you hear all this talk about the Ducks not getting calls when Perry is fouled because of his reputation.Then they call Cogliano on that play for embellishment. Somethings not right here.

I don't understand, why wouldn't you watch because Lindholm was holding out?

That game went about as expected.  The Ducks have real grips with the officials this year with all the bullshit, at least two penalties that haven't been called that have resulted in suspensions and now that embellishment call.

Calls will go against our way.  That's already written in stone. 

The D is just so bad though.  They like like to cover the empty spaces of the ice, and not the players.  Used to be, we would have a body on anyone that would come close to the crease.  With sticks on sticks. Now, it's like Gibson has cooties and none of the defenders want to get near him.  It also doesn't help that the new philosophy seems to be D men, be a part of the offense.  And by part, I mean rush in, get caught behind the goal, then let the other team have a breakaway.  I don't know how many times, I saw Fowler, Bieska, Stoner, and Vatannen going for a puck in the corner or even behind the goal last night in the offensive zone. 

11 hours ago, nate said:

I don't understand, why wouldn't you watch because Lindholm was holding out?

That game went about as expected.  The Ducks have real grips with the officials this year with all the bullshit, at least two penalties that haven't been called that have resulted in suspensions and now that embellishment call.

Carlyle teams usually start out slow & I've had alot of other things to watch on TV & I haven't been excited enough to watch when they still hadn't signed Rakell & Lindholm yet at the time.

11 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

Ducks having issues with the refs? Welcome back to the Carlyle era.

This. Carlyle's rep as coaching the Ducks probably makes the refs biased.

It now seems so long ago but looking back that memorable 2006-07 team featured alot of Fighters, Goons & other guys who were willing to drop the gloves to fight.

There was the 4th goon line & the semi-goon 3rd line. Having D-man Chris Pronger certainly didn't improve the teams rep during most of the Carlyle years lol :)

Ducks are winning 4-1 tonight. Vermette with 2 points against his former team the Coyotes.

Silfverberg at 3 goals already, so he has a chance at 30 goals this year given his slow starts.

10 years ago Vermette played for the Ottawa Senators that would lose to the Ducks in the Stanley Cup finals.

Always thought he was very good since back then, glad he's now a Duck.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Hopefully we can get the 2pts out of the Calgary game.  Also, do any of you ever check out that DucksnPucks blog ? Jesus Christ they've become dog shit. 

I haven't read any Ducks blogs in ages, Calgary has to win that game eventually, they can get it out of the way so it doesn't happen later in the season when they have the division on the line(Assuming the Ducks are going to eventually take over 1st again).

Arizona's goalies are worse than the AHL goalies of the Ducks. Their top goalie prospect is ranked lower than the Ducks Goalie prospect Metcalf or something.
They got so much young forwards & some D-men like Chyrchun coming thru their system that its kinda sad Arizona doesn't have a legit starting goalie.