• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

he's not eligible. none of the youngsters are.

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft

Again, I think they are incorrect. 

First & Second Year Pros

All players who have accrued two or less professional seasons at the end of the 2016-17 season, as well as all unsigned draft choices appearing on the teams reserve list, will be exempt from the upcoming expansion draft.

They are interpreting it as meaning NHL seasons.  AHL is considered a professional season according to the NHL. 

4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

http://cdn.agilitycms.com/nhlpacom/PDF/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

This is the NHL CBA.

Now while not specific.  This is what I found under ARTICLE 13 13.1-13.4.

For Players age 20 or older, Professional Games include NHL Games, all minor
league regular season and playoff games and any other professional games, including but not
limited to, play in European leagues when Player is on Loan to such club, and while Player is
party to an SPC.

Now it does not specify if Age 18-19 is considered a professional.  But a professional game per the CBA is NHL games, all minor league games, and Euopean league on loan. 

Now the question is, is 18-19 not considered pro games even if they play in it?

Then Ritchie and Theodore would be exempt.  Since Ritchie is 20.  And theodore is 21, so 20 and 21 would be 2 years of pro experience.  But Montour, who is 22, would has played year 20, 21, and 22 and would most definitely be eligible, regardless of the interpretation. 

Now the site MrWicked posted says that Montour is exempt.  So that's a contradiction.

The other concern.  Per the site Gavin posted.

Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:
iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

The Ducks currently have only one goaltender under contract for 2017-18.  So currently, by the minimum requirements, does that mean he has to be exposed?

15 hours ago, Gavin said:

Why in the world would LV want Bieksa? Do you think Vegas is going to want a player who's 35 year old defenseman who plays bottom pairing minutes and makes $4M a year? Or would they prefer a defenseman who is a decade younger and makes $825K? 

Why in the world could BM give him a 2 year extension with a NMC. All I'm saying is not to bank on it happening. Of course I'd love for it to work out that way. I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

Rumblings: Las Vegas will get a head start on free agency

Towards the bottom.

You can put those Cam Fowler trade rumors to rest, at least for this season. Murray made it clear on a media call after the Lindholm signing Thursday that his cap situation is good enough that he doesn’t need to move a key player. "I’m going to do the best I can to give this group one more shot at it," Murray said. "And I’m going to do everything in my power to keep it that way."

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

well there we go.  I guess that puts the Fowler talk to rest.  Though, Bob has to know that we have problems up front.

I think he's willing to trade fowler only if a Team makes a good offer for him that gives the team what they need.

That said

Lindholm/Vatanen

Fowler/Manson

is a good top 4. Even better if they bring up Theodore & go with a Theodore/Bieksa 3rd pairing.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

well there we go.  I guess that puts the Fowler talk to rest.  Though, Bob has to know that we have problems up front.

Remember that he said a key player.  If I were him, I'd try and trade Stoner and Holzer for a very late pick.  Just to clear the money.  I'd even trade Manson for a good offensive prospect. 

It's just sickening that the AHL defensive corps is comprised of Larsson, Theodore, and Montour.  We need to use their cheap years, on the Ducks, not the Gulls.

I don't understand why Theodore isn't with the Ducks.  I'm not entirely clear on what his status is as far as the expansion draft goes (it seems that we have been going back and on forth on that here) but to me the only thing that makes sense is that they're trying to limit his play in order to avoid the expansion draft.  I can accept (but dont agree with) that Stoner gets starts over Shea, but what on earth are we doing with Holzer.  That guy is not an NHL player.  

And for sure, I have to assume that if the right package comes along for Fowler, he'll be traded.  Its obvious that they've explored the possibilities with him.  Like basically all of us have said, Murray just wont pull the trigger unless he gets a kings ransom.  Right now, it appears that offer has not come.

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Maybe if Detroit clears some cap space they'll make a move for Fowler ? I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto jumps in & makes an offer Murray likes, Ducks/Leafs always seem to make trades with each other.

ducks arent trading fowler. especially now.

if he keeps it up they will extend him, and more likely to move vatanen if need be.

fowler is looking like he's turning into the player we hope he could be when we drafted him (remember lots of folks expected him to go top 3-4 that year).

vatanen is great but he can likely be replaced by a youngster.

notice every article, they interview fowler. he's a leader. when getz was out, he wore an A.

19 hours ago, gotbeer said:

http://cdn.agilitycms.com/nhlpacom/PDF/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

This is the NHL CBA.

Now while not specific.  This is what I found under ARTICLE 13 13.1-13.4.

Now it does not specify if Age 18-19 is considered a professional.  But a professional game per the CBA is NHL games, all minor league games, and Euopean league on loan. 

Now the question is, is 18-19 not considered pro games even if they play in it?

Then Ritchie and Theodore would be exempt.  Since Ritchie is 20.  And theodore is 21, so 20 and 21 would be 2 years of pro experience.  But Montour, who is 22, would has played year 20, 21, and 22 and would most definitely be eligible, regardless of the interpretation. 

Now the site MrWicked posted says that Montour is exempt.  So that's a contradiction.

The other concern.  Per the site Gavin posted.

The Ducks currently have only one goaltender under contract for 2017-18.  So currently, by the minimum requirements, does that mean he has to be exposed?

I was trying to wrap my head around why Montour is exempt, and I just remembered what happened. He signed a PTO for the games he played in his "first" season that he played with the Admirals. So his ELC didn't actually kick in until last year, which means he's ineligible for the draft. 

6 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

Why in the world could BM give him a 2 year extension with a NMC. All I'm saying is not to bank on it happening. Of course I'd love for it to work out that way. I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

I understand but if you're building a team, who would you pick: Casual Kev or Manson? A previous stupid move doesn't mean another stupid move will follow. 

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

I understand but if you're building a team, who would you pick: Casual Kev or Manson? A previous stupid move doesn't mean another stupid move will follow. 

Hopefully it will be moot, and with todays news, the Las Vegas Guessmynames will sign Bernier.

Defense has been horrific.  Constant 2nd, 3rd even a few 4th chances at Gibson.  Clear the fucking crease assholes.  I also enjoy Perry skating the puck around by himself for 40 seconds so he could then turn it over. 

Getzlaf also never one to miss a turn over party also got in on the action a few times.  Awesome !

Edited by UndertheHalo