• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

He's gonna go either way. No way we can protect 4 Dmen in the expansion draft. Vatanen, Hampus, Bieksa are locks. I rather get something for him now than nothing later. As hard as it is with him playing so out of his mind right now.

they won't trade fowler.

no way they protect bieksa.  he'll wave his NMC, it's a non issue.

the bigger question is if they protect hampus, vatanen and fowler. they would have to let manson walk, which sucks because he's awesome and cheap.

but you can send a pick to LV and they will agree to not take him. that leaves despres open which at this point they're probably OK with.

58 minutes ago, nate said:

Sounds like Hampus took the lower deal in order to keep Fowler around.  At least that is the speculation.

he didn't have a choice, RFAs have zero leverage

if he didn't sign by dec 1 he can't play, and he misses an entire year of salary.

10 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

they won't trade fowler.

the bigger question is if they protect hampus, vatanen and fowler. they would have to let manson walk, which sucks because he's awesome and cheap.

but you can send a pick to LV and they will agree to not take him. that leaves despres open which at this point they're probably OK with.

I think Despres is probably done.  Losing Manson wouldn't be the end of the world, the Ducks have Montour and Larsson ready in the next 1-2 years.

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

they won't trade fowler.

They probably protect Hampus, Vatanen, and Theodore.

Although, come to think of it.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Ducks protected Hampus, Theodore and Montour.  (Larson is not eligible.)

Edited by gotbeer

Ducks' Hampus Lindholm signs a six-year, $31.5-million extension

They were able to make the deal because defenseman Simon Despres is on long-term injured reserve, so his $3.7-million salary is not on the books. Anaheim would have to move money out, likely via a trade, in order to be cap compliant once Despres comes off injured reserve from concussion-like symptoms.

So looks like we don't have to make a deal till Depres comes off the injured reserve list.  But at this point, that might be never.  3 concussions a bit over 1 season, with the latest coming with little contact.  That really doesn't bode well for him. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

They probably protect Hampus, Vatanen, and Theodore.

Although, come to think of it.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Ducks protected Hampus, Theodore and Montour.  (Larson is not eligible.)

Montour won't be eligible either. I'm pretty sure. 2 years or more of experience.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Ducks' Hampus Lindholm signs a six-year, $31.5-million extension

So looks like we don't have to make a deal till Depres comes off the injured reserve list.  But at this point, that might be never.  3 concussions a bit over 1 season, with the latest coming with little contact.  That really doesn't bode well for him. 

f*ck the avalanche under roy.

poor despres.

5 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

He's gonna go either way. No way we can protect 4 Dmen in the expansion draft. Vatanen, Hampus, Bieksa are locks. I rather get something for him now than nothing later. As hard as it is with him playing so out of his mind right now.

His value is at an all time high indeed. I doubt he's playing like this if he didn't think he might be traded.
Its a bummer about Detroits cap issues, Fowler for Tatar would be nice.

1 hour ago, HaloCory22 said:

How are you so sure Bieksa will waive his NMC? He has to agree to get moved. Why would he agree? Especially if its to a crappy non contender. The guy wants to win too. I think you're putting too much faith in BM and/or KB's cooperation.

BM could ask him to waive his NMC so that he wont be protected and promises him that he can play out his contract here without worrying about being traded. Or he could give him the ultimatum to waive the NMC or he will be bought out... Im sure if he has Championship aspirations he will do what he can to stay on the team.

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

theodore isn't elegible, none of the youngsters are. so not a worry.

its hampus, vatanen and fowler. 

According to the article I posted a month or so ago.  They are eligible.  It is Pro experience.  not NHL experience.  AHL is considered the pros.

1 hour ago, HaloCory22 said:

How are you so sure Bieksa will waive his NMC? He has to agree to get moved. Why would he agree? Especially if its to a crappy non contender. The guy wants to win too. I think you're putting too much faith in BM and/or KB's cooperation.

Why in the world would LV want Bieksa? Do you think Vegas is going to want a player who's 35 year old defenseman who plays bottom pairing minutes and makes $4M a year? Or would they prefer a defenseman who is a decade younger and makes $825K? 

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

How much Cap do they save if Stoner well um tripped over a chair in the locker room & they put him on LTIR ?

LTIR is only effective for the amount of time the player is hurt. The team does get full cap relief, which would be $3.25M in Stoner's case, but once healthy, the Ducks would have to activate him.

The LTIR is a short term bandaid; the Ducks will have to address it once Thompson has recovered from Achilles surgery and if, hopefully it's when, Despres recovers.

17 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Why in the world would LV want Bieksa? Do you think Vegas is going to want a player who's 35 year old defenseman who plays bottom pairing minutes and makes $4M a year? Or would they prefer a defenseman who is a decade younger and makes $825K? 

That's why Bieska would waive his NMC just for purposes of the draft.  Because they won't draft him, it's a wasted protected pick.  But if he won't waive it, it's better to buy him out of the 2 years, than to risk losing one of our young guys.  If it's how I'm interpreting the draft rules, in which they clearly state pro experience and not NHL experience.  Then a lot of our young guys are eligible.  If it's MrWicked's interpretation, we have more room to manuever.  Good thing is, we can only lose one.   But that one might be a tough one to swallow.

Just now, nate said:

Theo sent down... WTF?  Why is fucking Holzer still on this team?  With Larsson showing that he is at least competent, keep Theo up and Larsson is depth.

Probably for cap relief. Holzer only makes $700K, which is actually less than Theo's $863K cap hit. 

3 minutes ago, nate said:

Theo sent down... WTF?  Why is fucking Holzer still on this team?  With Larsson showing that he is at least competent, keep Theo up and Larsson is depth.

this is all just financial chess to get lindholm in. he'll be back soon once things settle. he is the future.

has anyone read the article why lindholm's salaries are so wacky. crazy complicated.

3 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

this is all just financial chess to get lindholm in. he'll be back soon once things settle. he is the future.

has anyone read the article why lindholm's salaries are so wacky. crazy complicated.

Unfortunately. The NHL and/or the Players union can opt out of the CBA in 2020-2021. The $3.75M for that season is to hedge against a possible lockout.

2 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

its pretty simple.

waive it, or get bought out and receive 2/3rds of your salary. 

we don't do it for the cap savings, we won't save anything since he'll be over 35.

but a buyout a) forces him to uproot and move, and b ) risk getting less than he would have otherwise.  if you're fleury a buyout is great, he'll make a ton. bieksa is not a hot commodity and risks not even getting signed, or getting signed for league minimum.

but if he waives of course LV won't take him. after the expansion draft they can put the NMC right back on. 

i GUARANTEE you they will leave bieksa unprotected. there will be other players that fall into this same category (girardi on rangers is another), it won't be an issue.