• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

NHL Rumors: Dallas Stars and the Anaheim Ducks

Just making shit up here.  But would you for #3 and ?

Silfverberg/Getzlaf/Rakell

Ritchie/Kesler/Ritchie

Perry/Thompson/Kase

Boll/Vermette/Shaw

Ducks are in win now mode - we don't need to trade for futures.

We need people who can play right now. Vatenen will be traded for youngster and a pick, or part of deal for someone like drouin.

29 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The thing with Eaves is he should be cheap.  Especially considering his injury history.  Surprisingly, he has never made more than $1.2 million a season.  Although his career earnings is still $12 million.  I think Corey's suggestion of 2/$2 million a season would get the job done.  Maybe even $1.5 million a season.  Even with his injuries, that is still a very reasonable contract, which the Ducks need.  Right now, we stand at $16 million below the cap.  Which is more like $10 million for the Ducks.  And the biggest need we will need next season no matter what, is a backup goalie, which will be a few million. 

Ducks are a max cap team now, have been for last few seasons. I think Samuelis keep it that way and continue to push for a cup while Gez is here. 

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

The thing with Eaves is he should be cheap.  Especially considering his injury history.  Surprisingly, he has never made more than $1.2 million a season.  Although his career earnings is still $12 million.  I think Corey's suggestion of 2/$2 million a season would get the job done.  Maybe even $1.5 million a season.  Even with his injuries, that is still a very reasonable contract, which the Ducks need.  Right now, we stand at $16 million below the cap.  Which is more like $10 million for the Ducks.  And the biggest need we will need next season no matter what, is a backup goalie, which will be a few million. 

Sure if it's a mil for him I'd do it, but I wouldn't hold my breath about him being in the lineup. Seems like every little injury he is out for a significant period of time.

9 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I'd expose Vatanen before Manson. If Vegas wants to take an injured player who doesn't have a bargain contract, let them. We could get some offense with Vatanen's money.

Remember that Vegas has to hit the salary cap floor with their team.  But they will be closer to the max than the floor when all is said and done.  I don't think contracts like Vatanen would be an issue.  that's why I think Vatanen is a goner before the draft.  Either way, the Ducks will get money freed up, or an offensive player back. 

15 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I'd expose Vatanen before Manson. If Vegas wants to take an injured player who doesn't have a bargain contract, let them. We could get some offense with Vatanen's money.

I agree, but would trade Vatanen first before that even happens.
With Manson they are losing: a guy who has the rare combination of decent skating ability + a wrecking ball physical game + solid good defense + offensive ability from the blueline & also being the teams unofficial enforcer. Replacing his spot with a guy like Stoner makes the team much easier to play against.

I've seen Leafs fans saying they want Manson over Vatanen for those reasons.

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

yeah, org loves manson.

we won't expose anyone we aren't ok with losing.

so they'll likely take vermette from us. he's great in the FO circle but that's about it. and you saw how well FO domination helped us. we need scorers. 

Yeah, I've cooled on vermette quite a bit.  He wasn't really even winning face offs too much in the playoffs. With only one year left, if the Magnetos claim him, I'd actually be quite happy.

Edit:  Looking it up.  Kesler 54.8%, Vermette was a 60.8%.  So he was winning.  Just didn't do anything with the puck after winning.  17 games, 3 points, -3. 

Edited by gotbeer

The Ducks barely have 7 Forwards to protect. Vermette will get protected most likely. Especially for what we're paying him.

Getz, Perry, Kes, Rak, Silf, Cogs (ugh), Vermette. Everyone else is a UFA or not eligible/not worth it. Doubt they go 8 skaters. That would leave Silf unprotected.

Just now, HaloCory22 said:

The Ducks barely have 7 Forwards to protect. Vermette will get protected most likely. Especially for what we're paying him.

Getz, Perry, Kes, Rak, Silf, Cogs (ugh), Vermette. Everyone else is a UFA or not eligible/not worth it. Doubt they go 8 skaters. That would leave Silf unprotected.

Hopefully we trade a defensemen (Vatanen) for a forward that we can protect.

48 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

but don't forget they will trade vatanen. they will not lose a player for nothing that they can get value from in a trade.

so it will be:

getz, perry, kes, rak, silf, cogs, <vatanen trade>

lindholm, fowler, manson

gibson

And after that happens.  I would cream in my pants if the Magnetos select Despres.

1 hour ago, HaloCory22 said:

What if Perry were to waive his NMC ? & they went with 8 skaters Getz/Kes/Rak/Silf/Fowler/Hamp/manson/vatanen Vegas would get to choose from Perry, Cogs or Vermette....but since they can only take one they probably take Cogs but imagine if they took Perry & then the Ducks work out a trade with Colorado for Duchene & have the salary room to make it happen with Fowler's extension in mind.

Do damaged Ducks D-men affect Leafs off-season plans??? Dubas not departing

Toronto might have some interest in the 25-year-old Finn, but he offers the same skill set as Morgan Rielly, Nikita Zaitsev and Jake Gardiner and not the two-way ability that Mike Babcock is likely craving to be added to his top two pairings.

.....but there does not seem to be a viable scenario to protect 25-year-old blueliner Josh Manson, who played well in the playoffs and is still making less than $1 Million on his entry-level deal.

While it has long been rumored that Anaheim might be the eventual destination for winger James van Riemsdyk if Toronto cannot get him signed to a team-friendly extension, the Ducks might prefer a young forward such as Kasperi Kapanen, who is NHL ready and exempt from having to be protected.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:52 PM, gotbeer said:

Eaves 'would love' to re-sign with Ducks

Good news bad news.

Good news, Eaves would love to re-sign with us.

Bad news, Spotrac was wrong.

That $2.3m is with despres ($3.7m) and stoner ($3.2). Despres will likely be LTIR again, and stoner will be traded in a cap dump. 

So theoretically we should have 2.3 + 3.7 + 3.2 which puts us at $9.2m space. 

I could see them trading Cogs too, great guy but he just has hands of stone. That's another $3m.

Plus vatanan at $4.875 is all but guaranteed to go.

We'll be fine. Plenty left to pay for whomever we get for vatanen, and eaves. 

NHL Rumors: Avs, Ducks, Maple Leafs, Stars, Blue Jackets, Oilers, Coyotes and Senas

If GM Bob Murray moves a defensman, it likely won’t be Lindholm, and he may not want to do a deal with a team in the West … unless he’s interested in the Dallas Stars 3rd overall pick. [Friedman] has heard the Ducks really like Calgary Flames forward Sam Bennett.

[Friedman] can’t see the Maple Leafs wanting to trade Connor Brown. Lamoriello and coach Mike Babcock scouted the Predators – Ducks. Dave Nonis (scout with the Ducks) also really likes Brown.

While it doesn't affect us this year.  Here is the RFA Compensation numbers.

2017 Offer Sheet Compensation

$1,295,571 or less No compensation
$1,295,571 to $1,962,968 Third-round pick
$1,962,968 to $3,925,975 Second-round pick
$3,925,975 to $5,888,960 First and third-round picks
$5,888,960 to $7,851,948 First, second and third-round picks
$7,851,948 to $9,814,935 Two firsts, a second and third-round picks
Over $9,814,935 Four first-round picks