• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

gotta hope so right ?

I wouldn't be surprised either way really.  If we get 50+ points from him regularly  over the next 3 years i'll be very happy.  Seems like a fairly big ask though.

yeah. problem is if he truly is losing the little speed he has.

he has thrived on his super high hockey IQ and his hands. but hard to excel even with those when you become a slow cog.

i hope he doesn't become dany heatley 2.0.

Ideally going into next season I'd love to see...

Trade-Getz-Perry

Rakell-Nylander-Silf

Ritchie-Kesler-Kase

Thompson-Vermette-Wags/Shaw/Boll

Hampus-Montour

Manson-Theodore

Larsson/FA/Trade-Stoner/Despres (long shot)

Getzlaf and Perry came alive in the postseason. Granted, Getzlaf faded in the Nashville series a bit but overall still great. Pairing these two with another scorer like JVR or Drouin would be huge. Especially since this wouldn't necessarily be the "main" line to get scoring from. That goes to the Nylander line.

Blow up the Kesler line. Kase really impressed me in the playoffs. He's Cogliano with slightly less speed but more scoring capability. Ritchie is a solid forechecker and can easily slot in there. Having more scoring on the Kesler line would benefit a lot without losing much defensively.

Now this is the scoring line! The future line as I call it. Rakell-Nylander-Silf. GOALS GOALS GOALS. Nuff said. Silf takes a more prominent role as a scorer. He can rack up the points.

4th line- It is what it is. A couple goals here and there. Not much ice time either way.

So I have Fowler, Vatanen, and Cogliano gone. Fowler to Toronto for Nylander. Vatanen plus pick gets us the top 6 FW on the Getzlaf line. Slide Ritchie to the Kesler line for Cogs (he's traded for cap space/pick). Also, remember that after the 2017-18 season Montour, Theo, Ritchie, and Kase are all RFAs. Silf a UFA after the 2018-19 season. Gibson a RFA after 2018-19 too. Elliotte Friedman said Fowler could command 8 yr 8mill AAV on the open market. If so, see yeah! Another possible trade could be Montour/Theo for Drouin. If that's the case, you keep Sami.

Tons of speculation and ideas. I'm excited about it.

I spent a decent amount of time making sure it all lined up hah. It's fun to mess around as armchair GM. How I'm dealing with the loss lol. Tampa looks so bad on D tho. Drouin is a RFA right now. If we can somehow get him for Vatanen.. I'd be thrilled. Who knows though. I remember speculation that they really wanted Montour early in the season. Bet it's even more now.

i think no way they lose fowler AND vatanen. if that happens i would say murray needs to be fired, you can't lose two top-4 under 25 dman in the same off season. if you get the feeling you can't extend fowler, you trade vatanen. otherwise, trade fowler.

i agree with cogliano. dude has heart but.. hands of stone. he literally makes me recreate mlk: "i have a dream, that one day.. a cogliano shot will actually be on net." he has zero offensive abilities. 

vatanen is gone, so they can keep fowler and manson.

i would do whatever they can do to get drouin. vatanen + whatever.  nylander is awesome but drouin is elite. 

i would resign eaves. he is cheap and rakell/getz/eaves line was one of the top lines in the lead when they played. those early games with getz play god like in playoffs? that was that line. plus we lost a 1st already, which will give them a bit of incentive to keep eaves. 

i think steel forces his way into the lineup. and year after next we have steel/terry/jones super freak kid line. 

I use to read the hockey's future Ducks assessments all the time.  I think there's no writer now for them tho.  We never got any analysis on last years draft.  I'd love to read some in depth scouting on Steel and Jones vs. other prospects around the league. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

12 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

i think no way they lose fowler AND vatanen. if that happens i would say murray needs to be fired, you can't lose two top-4 under 25 dman in the same off season. if you get the feeling you can't extend fowler, you trade vatanen. otherwise, trade fowler.

i agree with cogliano. dude has heart but.. hands of stone. he literally makes me recreate mlk: "i have a dream, that one day.. a cogliano shot will actually be on net." he has zero offensive abilities. 

vatanen is gone, so they can keep fowler and manson.

i would do whatever they can do to get drouin. vatanen + whatever.  nylander is awesome but drouin is elite. 

i would resign eaves. he is cheap and rakell/getz/eaves line was one of the top lines in the lead when they played. those early games with getz play god like in playoffs? that was that line. plus we lost a 1st already, which will give them a bit of incentive to keep eaves. 

i think steel forces his way into the lineup. and year after next we have steel/terry/jones super freak kid line. 

We aren't losing Fowler and Vatanan. We're trading a strength for a necessity. We need top 6 talent. We need more scoring. With as much depth as we have this is the only reason why I'm okay with dealing both. Otherwise, you'd be correct. Ideally, yes. I'd keep Fowler if we can get a Lindholm type deal out of him. Otherwise, ship em out.

I'm so up in the air on Eaves. This is his first 30 goal season at age 33. He's been so injury prone and has only scored over 20 goals twice. I wouldn't re-sign him for anything more than 2 mill AAV for 2 years. I think he easily gets more than that on the market though. He'll cash in. Same thing we had with Perron last year. Ducks guessed right on him and didn't re-sign. I like Eaves way more than Perron though.

Yup. Tons of young talent offensively coming. Don't wanna bank on them but they look good.

Following up on Drouin. I went back and looked at the rumor mill the past 2 trade deadlines and offseasons for Ducks and Drouin rumors. Looks like Vatanen was their main target originally. They want him bad. Everyone thought Sami would get 6 mill AAV. His contract now could be even more eye opening to the Bolts.

8 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

We aren't losing Fowler and Vatanan. We're trading a strength for a necessity. We need top 6 talent. We need more scoring. With as much depth as we have this is the only reason why I'm okay with dealing both. Otherwise, you'd be correct. Ideally, yes. I'd keep Fowler if we can get a Lindholm type deal out of him. Otherwise, ship em out.

I'm so up in the air on Eaves. This is his first 30 goal season at age 33. He's been so injury prone and has only scored over 20 goals twice. I wouldn't re-sign him for anything more than 2 mill AAV for 2 years. I think he easily gets more than that on the market though. He'll cash in. Same thing we had with Perron last year. Ducks guessed right on him and didn't re-sign. I like Eaves way more than Perron though.

Yup. Tons of young talent offensively coming. Don't wanna bank on them but they look good.

Yeah agreed. For eaves it depends on the contract. I wouldn't send a ton but I would definitely up his $1m current contract. Maybe $2.5/yr for two years? With him (and perron) you get a double whammy because they made getzlaf better. 

Fowler is tough. I'm curious to see how it pans out. If he wants the moon, we might be forced to deal him. But I think he wants to stay and bob makes it happen. 

The prospect riches are great though. Their ability to rebuild on the fly has just been amazing. And larsson is arguably even better than montour and theodore!

ps f*ck the kings and sharks.

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I use to read the hockey's future Ducks assessments all the time.  I think there's no writer now for them tho.  We never got any analysis on last years draft.  I'd love to read some in depth scouting on Steel and Jones vs. other prospects around the league. 

Twitter will get you tons of info. A friend of mine posted this about Steel. He put together a 132 pt season in the WHL. That translates to 32 pts in the NHL. Not too shabby for a 19 year old, eh? Jones would translate to about 20 pts at age 19 as well. Troy Terry put together 45 pts in NCHC (college) and that translates to about 20 pts in only 35 games played. Lots of young options.

Got to remember that we are on the clock right now.  In about 2-3 weeks, the expansion draft goes down, and we have to move a defenseman or lose one of them.  It's not that much time to make a deal, especially on the clock.  Hopefully Murray has some deals lined up.

i'd love for them to take a run at nazem kadri.  i think he's exactly the GMBM type of player also.  He's a guy that's trending up.  More dangerous offensively then Kesler.  Younger, Cheaper, (4.5 mil aav) which frees up monies to pursue another winger, and he's a solid defensive guy also.  Plus he's a pest on the same level as Kesler.  One of the more underrated players in the league.  I don't think he will be for much longer after his year this year.  He's an all star caliber player.  He's popular with the analytics guys also.  

Anyway, who knows if he's even available. obviously would also love Drouin or Marner.  You guys all know about my crush on Duchene. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

52 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

Injuries are in!

Bieksa tore his MCL against Edmonton. What a beast.

Rakell and Eaves with high ankle sprains.

Shaw with a torn groin.

More happening but this is the latest

that is disappointing. 

Vatanen's injury sounds bad. 6-9 months perhaps on recovery. If true, that just destroyed so much of his value and changes almost everything. If we're unable to trade Vats and get fair value for him (Drouin or bust!) then you gotta hold onto him till at least the trade deadline and then trade him once his value is up again. Which means Manson gets exposed and 99.99% gets taken by Vegas. They could still trade Fowler instead of extending him too tho and protect Manson. We'll be a little light on offense unless we re-sign Eaves along with the addition we get for Fowler. Tough call though. BM's job was tough before this news. Just got insanely tougher.

Eaves is too injury prone to re-sign. Not the first time he had the "lower body injury" and honestly it's one thing to get injured in hockey, most everyone is banged up, but if you are unable to play in playoff games for 3 weeks due to an ankle sprain, that's just not someone the Ducks should re-sign IMO. 

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

Eaves is too injury prone to re-sign. Not the first time he had the "lower body injury" and honestly it's one thing to get injured in hockey, most everyone is banged up, but if you are unable to play in playoff games for 3 weeks due to an ankle sprain, that's just not someone the Ducks should re-sign IMO. 

The thing with Eaves is he should be cheap.  Especially considering his injury history.  Surprisingly, he has never made more than $1.2 million a season.  Although his career earnings is still $12 million.  I think Corey's suggestion of 2/$2 million a season would get the job done.  Maybe even $1.5 million a season.  Even with his injuries, that is still a very reasonable contract, which the Ducks need.  Right now, we stand at $16 million below the cap.  Which is more like $10 million for the Ducks.  And the biggest need we will need next season no matter what, is a backup goalie, which will be a few million.