• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

All interesting ideas GB.  Especially like that 2nd line lol. So many things could happen really.  I think u move cogliano onto a checking line with Thompson.  Then mix up guys like Kase, Wagner.  Perry ideally ends up on the 3rd or 4th line.  Mostly he should be viewed as a useful net presence on the power play.  I think guys like Vermette and Boll are probably gone for sure tho no ? Wasn't Vermette on a one year deal ? I say move Kesler because he carries the salary and is a desirable asset presumably.  Silfverberg is kind of a bargain and a real nice two way player.  Ritchie I think will end up being a guy that puts 25 to 30 in the net for us as he becomes a more mature player.  He's got a great shot and was a pretty impressive scorer in the AHL.  I think we've seen flashes of that.  Power forwards are always a bit slower to adjust to the NHL game.  I'm glad he's fucking mean tho.  He'll be smarter and will continue to improve. 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

All interesting ideas GB.  Especially like that 2nd line lol. So many things could happen really.  I think u move cogliano onto a checking line with Thompson.  Then mix up guys like Kase, Wagner.  Perry ideally ends up on the 3rd or 4th line.  Mostly he should be viewed as a useful net presence on the power play.  I think guys like Vermette and Boll are probably gone for sure tho no ? Wasn't Vermette on a one year deal ? I say move Kesler because he carries the salary and is a desirable asset presumably.  Silfverberg is kind of a bargain and a real nice two way player.  Ritchie I think will end up being a guy that puts 25 to 30 in the net for us as he becomes a more mature player.  He's got a great shot and was a pretty impressive scorer in the AHL.  I think we've seen flashes of that.  Power forwards are always a bit slower to adjust to the NHL game.  I'm glad he's fucking mean tho.  He'll be smarter and will continue to improve. 

Vermette is signed for one more year at $1.75 million.  Boll is also signed for another year at $900k.  So not much.  I'm hoping we can sign Eaves for that range.  He was on a 1 year $1 million contract last season.  What does everyone think if we offered a 2/$4 million contract?

As for Kesler, just not sure how movable he is.  No move clause, and 4 years at $6.75 million left.  He'd want to go to a contender.  I just think he's more valuable on the team. 

Sad thing is, if we had shutdown Dmen.  Then he wouldn't have to be an offensive Dman and could focus more on the offensive side. 

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Vermette is signed for one more year at $1.75 million.  Boll is also signed for another year at $900k.  So not much.  I'm hoping we can sign Eaves for that range.  He was on a 1 year $1 million contract last season.  What does everyone think if we offered a 2/$4 million contract?

As for Kesler, just not sure how movable he is.  No move clause, and 4 years at $6.75 million left.  He'd want to go to a contender.  I just think he's more valuable on the team. 

Sad thing is, if we had shutdown Dmen.  Then he wouldn't have to be an offensive Dman and could focus more on the offensive side. 

Glad to have both back.  Both solid bottom 2 line players.  Kesler being moved like I said before is a pretty out there idea cause of the reasons you mentioned.  But still. I'd like Bob to explore it.  

I'm back on board with trade Cam Fowler again. That awful 2nd Nashville goal was all on him. Such a bad pass. Can't have that in these must win games. I know he scored later on but still. Give me guys that shine in these moments. I've heard a lot of people mentioning Montour to the Leafs for Nylander or Marner. I'd so be on board with with that if true. Love Montour and at this point I probably rather send Theodore over Montour but we need a young offensive star to pair with Rakell for the future. Getzlaf and Perry are getting up there in age now.

Fowler is going no where. He was our best defender for most of the postseason.

Bernier just sh*t the bed. It happens. Nothing you can do. 

Few things are worse than total domination, making the other team look like a bunch of minor leaguers, and yet they get the bounces. 

Getz and Kesler faced their 3rd and 4th liner centers. That's as good of a match as you can ask, and we couldn't get it done. 

Not having eaves, or rakell, or gibson was too much to overcome. 

Preds will be obliterated by the Pens. 

I agree that +/- is not a solid way to judge a player in general. Especially in the playoffs. I just think Fowler's time here is done. He's the old man at 25. I think he had a phenomenal playoff season and regular season. Don't get me wrong. He was by far our best defenseman. I just think we have other more pressing matters to address. We need a top 6 (top 3) forward to pair with Rakell for the future. We need to build for the next Getzlaf/Perry era. Rakell/Drouin, Rakell/Marner/Nylander, etc. Same applies to Vatanen. He just won't net us as much as Fowler but it'll be a pretty decent haul. They're both inked to deals that would free up a good amount of cap space. I'm 100% confident in this core of 5 plus any additional vet Dman we bring in.

Lindholm 23

Montour 23

Theodore 21

Larsson 19

Manson 24

32 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

I agree that +/- is not a solid way to judge a player in general. Especially in the playoffs. I just think Fowler's time here is done. He's the old man at 25. I think he had a phenomenal playoff season and regular season. Don't get me wrong. He was by far our best defenseman. I just think we have other more pressing matters to address. We need a top 6 (top 3) forward to pair with Rakell for the future. We need to build for the next Getzlaf/Perry era. Rakell/Drouin, Rakell/Marner/Nylander, etc. Same applies to Vatanen. He just won't net us as much as Fowler but it'll be a pretty decent haul. They're both inked to deals that would free up a good amount of cap space. I'm 100% confident in this core of 5 plus any additional vet Dman we bring in.

Lindholm 23

Montour 23

Theodore 21

Larsson 19

Manson 24

Aren't you concerned that trading one of more senior guys on the D will set us back ? We've already dealt with the growing pains with Fowler and he's rounding into his prime.  

I'm just playing Devils advocate here.  Trading Fowler may end up being the best solution, but overall I think we try and keep him. 

38 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Aren't you concerned that trading one of more senior guys on the D will set us back ? We've already dealt with the growing pains with Fowler and he's rounding into his prime.  

I'm just playing Devils advocate here.  Trading Fowler may end up being the best solution, but overall I think we try and keep him. 

When Fowler was injured, the young guys stepped in really well.  Actually more cemented that they should be included in the playoffs.  Fowler has big +'s.  I think he is one of the few on the team that can carry the puck up the ice.  From the point he shoots it well, but this is something he learned last offseason.  Defense wise, I think it's a wash. 

I think the big question is what does he want.  Does he want $4-6 million a year.  Or does he want $7+ more like $8+ a year. 

At $4-6 million, I think we will for sure keep him, although $6 is a bit steep for the Ducks.  But if he's looking for the $7+, there are teams that will give their right nut for him.  If we can get the right young players, I think we have to do it.

The NMC doesn't matter if the player agrees to waive it obviously.  Makes you wonder what makes them think Perry would do so.  

I would be shocked if Perry isn't a Duck next season.  A: don't see him wanting to leave so cal.  B: I can't imagine Bob would pay any of his salary to play somewhere else. 

35 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So here's an interesting one.  Would you guys rather keep Lindholm or Fowler ?

I think Lindholm's $5.25 million over the next 4 years makes him a very attractive piece for the budget conscious Ducks.  But, Lindholm didn't progress this season like most expected.  Where Fowler showed a really new side to his game this season, and really jumped out in a lot of categories.

If Fowler was going to take 4 years $5.25 million per, I think it's a slam dunk to keep Fowler.  At $6 I'd even say it's still Fowler.  But as it gets higher, I think you have to keep Lindholm.

Who was absolutely worth his contract last season?

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/anaheim-ducks/cap/

Overall, here is who I'd go with.

• Getzlaf $9.25 - He really nutted up this season.  Off from his highs in the 91 points ages ago, and 87 points 4 seasons ago.  But 73 points turns around a trend of diminishing points the last 4 seasons.
  • Kesler $7.875 - he doesn't score a lot.  But he did go on a tear early, and was an All Star.  He really does all the dirty work for the team.
  • Fowler $4 - All Star.  upped his game in the offensive department.  Really became a QB out of the zone.
  • Rakell $3.8 - Stupid Apendectomy.
  • Kase $0.575 - Diamond in the Rough
  • Montour $0.875 - Was supposed to be an offensive that played little defense.  Although he showed glimpses of that no D (actually was exposed quite a bit in the playoffs).  He might have supplanted Theodore as the #1 D Prospect.  And I still think Theodore is a fantastic D man, but just doesn't have anywhere to play ATM.  For the price, Montour is a steal.
  • Eaves $0.25 - He cost us a first round pick.  He didn't play much of the Nashville series.  But man, as trade deadline picks go, he might have been the best pickup of any team.  Him and Getzlaf were like what Perry and Getzlaf used to be.  He was just on fire.  He sometimes wouldn't get a point, but when you watch the replays, he was parked right in front of the net screening the goaltender so that someone else would get points.  And his beard was probably worth at least $0.20 of his cost.

If things continue in the direction they're going, we have to take our best shot in the next two years. 2-5 years out, Edmonton is going to be a beast and our three highest paid players are going to be in their mid 30's. So, you can't get rid of Fowler or Lindholm unless you replace them with a player of equal or better experience and quality. Vatanen ( because of what you can do with the money your paying him) and Theodore ( because Randy isn't in his fan club) have to be on the block.

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

If Perry doesn't bounce back, his contract is going to be a problem.

Hopefully this year was a fluke. 

gotta hope so right ?

I wouldn't be surprised either way really.  If we get 50+ points from him regularly  over the next 3 years i'll be very happy.  Seems like a fairly big ask though.