• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

5 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

For all the talk of the Ducks and their D, they looked pretty average these playoffs. Committing penalties, losing coverage, getting hit off the puck leading to chances, failing to clear, committing turnovers.

that's the worst part. you see the stretches where they are the better team, but they beat themselves or just couldn't put it together. nashville is riding that hot playoff wave we see a team do every year.

I disagree that Nashville has even decent odds in the finals.  They got fucking rocked tonight.  They look completely out classed for other long stretches.  They won't have the Bernier handicap spotting them 2 goals.  The D can only do so much.  They have good d men.  None great, like a Doughty or Karlsson.  Nashville is gonna get fucking embarrassed in 5.  And I'm gonna be fucking thrilled about it when it happens. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

As far as the Ducks and their D goes.  You guys in this thread know I've been banging that bell the entire season.  We need another guy that plays more like Manson.  Bieksa has a lot of heart but he's just too far behind so many plays.  I think the youth causes us to fuck up in some situations.  Particularly failing to detect danger and take good penalties.   But for sure we need to get bigger.  We need a Larson move like Edmonton made.  We've got plenty of legit puck movers with Fowler, Vatanen and now Theodore and Montour.  Both of whom should be regulars next season.  Lindholm is a guy who is a nice player,  but his game is still maturing.  He's not elite yet and can't be counted on for shut down mins.  I don't care about his possession stats.  It doesn't translate and does not pass the eye test.  For me,  you do everything u can to keep Fowler.  He is a borderline elite d man and his game is significantly ahead of the others in my mind.  If he is traded we had better get a massive fortune in return. 

The forward corps is where it's gonna be trickery.  We need to move on from Perry being a front end player.  He's gonna be borderline impossible to trade tho.  Murray needs to bring us skill and speed in whatever he may bring tho.  This is why I think a guy like Duchene is a perfect fit.  It's a radical idea but I think the Ducks should seriously explore trading Kesler.  It's obvious that he's not the missing piece for us.  As good as he is.  He's 33, we need to move on and clear the salary while he's still very valuable.  He's probably gonna win the Selke.  His stock should be very high.  Let's pivot away from him and bring in a fast electric goal scorer.  I think we need another trigger man as well to play with Getzlaf.  There's a lot of moves there.  Maybe Eaves ? He's older tho and given his season will be pricey.  We'll see.  Murray should have a lot of options there tho.

So, my offseason wish list.  

- Duchene

- Any solid reliable stay at home dman to compliment out quick skating Dmen.  Preferably a guy that lay out some fucking punishment. 

- Good trigger man on the wing with Getzlaf and Rakell.

Last thing ill say before I end my rant, Gibson and the young guys like Ritchie, Montour and Theordore should help us hang with the Edmontons and Calgarys in the West.  I expect that Winnipeg is gonna start turning the corner as well.  Of course other teams like Chicago and probably LA will always be tough.  Minnesota, St. Louis and even Dallas with improved goal tending are solid.  The only team that's good on the regular probably taking a step back is SJ.  So with all that considered if u look at the roster going forward It's not all doom and gloom for us.  We have an enviable group of good young players who keep gaining NHL high leverage experience.  I believe that Getzlafs game translates well as he gets older(and he's not that old).  I think we can say with certainty that he's still an elite center in the league.  There's a lot to look forward to for the Ducks.  A smart reset will have us looking great again next season.

Edited by UndertheHalo

33 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I disagree that Nashville has even decent odds in the finals.  They got fucking rocked tonight.  They look completely out classed for other long stretches.  They won't have the Bernier handicap spotting them 2 goals.  The D can only do so much.  They have good d men.  None great, like a Doughty or Karlsson.  Nashville is gonna get fucking embarrassed in 5.  And I'm gonna be fucking thrilled about it when it happens. 

If that happens, I would find zero solace knowing the Ducks couldn't beat the team that gets embarrassed in the finals.  

9 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

If that happens, I would find zero solace knowing the Ducks couldn't beat the team that gets embarrassed in the finals.  

Gotta take the W's you can get brother.  I don't know about u.  But at this point I fucking despise Nashville.  This is almost like the Red Sox at this point (almost) .  Any time they lose it's almost as good as a win.  I hope they get blitzed. 

Anyway, it just wasn't in the cards for us. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Another should have won game for us. I knew shit was going to be bad when the puck went off of Montour's skate 2 minutes into the game. FUCK!

I expect some trade's to go down (Vats, Fowler). Hopefully they can net us some nice offensively skilled players. Hopefully Montour continues to improve over the off-season, I was really impressed by him.

Ugh, I'm so frustrated. This seemed like our year. 

Good Night Irene -- nice run for the Ducks --- Nashville just too tough and too hot at the right time.

when the Predators SWEPT the Chicago Blackhawks -- they were sending notice - WE'VE ARRIVED.

Pens join them in Finals tomorrow night meaning no Canadian team in Cup finals since what? '83/84 the McSorley stick series vs. Montreal.

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

- Duchene

- Any solid reliable stay at home dman to compliment out quick skating Dmen.  Preferably a guy that lay out some fucking punishment. 

- Good trigger man on the wing with Getzlaf and Rakell.

Duche or Land O Lakes is probably within reach for the Ducks.  Colorado wants young and established.  And Vatanen gives that to them.  We'd have to include something else.  And we do have 2 second round picks.  So maybe that and a lesser prospect?

As far as a stay at home dman goes.  I know people on here don't like him.  But losing Stoner was big.  He is a big stay at home defenseman that can throw his weight around.  He goes to the dirty places.  He's not mobile, but doesn't get moved off the puck or exposed like Bieska does.

I think Eaves is a must sign, and I don't think he will cost much.  At least I hope he doesn't, and wants to give it another shot with the Ducks. 

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Duche or Land O Lakes is probably within reach for the Ducks.  Colorado wants young and established.  And Vatanen gives that to them.  We'd have to include something else.  And we do have 2 second round picks.  So maybe that and a lesser prospect?

As far as a stay at home dman goes.  I know people on here don't like him.  But losing Stoner was big.  He is a big stay at home defenseman that can throw his weight around.  He goes to the dirty places.  He's not mobile, but doesn't get moved off the puck or exposed like Bieska does.

I think Eaves is a must sign, and I don't think he will cost much.  At least I hope he doesn't, and wants to give it another shot with the Ducks. 

My thing with Landeskog is that I question whether he brings much difference vs. what we already have with Kesler.  He's a really good player, but for me personally.  I really like the speed that Duchene brings. I get why you like him tho. 

Stoner I think is kind of in the same boat as Bieksa, he's often a step behind the play.  He probably skates worse then Bieksa.  I'd like to see them get someone different.

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Good Night Irene -- nice run for the Ducks --- Nashville just too tough and too hot at the right time.

when the Predators SWEPT the Chicago Blackhawks -- they were sending notice - WE'VE ARRIVED.

Pens join them in Finals tomorrow night meaning no Canadian team in Cup finals since what? '83/84 the McSorley stick series vs. Montreal.

We beat Ottawa in '07 brutha.  I think that was probably the last time the maple leaf was repped in the finals. 

Stoner and Bieksa are the type of D men you want in the playoffs, I think. Stoner during the regular season drives me mad; but in the playoffs something about his style of play really helps calm things for me.

I would love to make a run at Landeskog. I really hope we can find a way to bring Eaves back; too. 

And fuck Nic Ritchie man. I know he's young; but he took some HORRIBLE penalties all post season long; including a stupid boarding major tonight that fucked us. We really need him to mature a little bit on the ice. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

My thing with Landeskog is that I question whether he brings much difference vs. what we already have with Kesler.  He's a really good player, but for me personally.  I really like the speed that Duchene brings. I get why you like him tho. 

Stoner I think is kind of in the same boat as Bieksa, he's often a step behind the play.  He probably skates worse then Bieksa.  I'd like to see them get someone different.

I just think they aren't going to get rid of the Kesler/Cogs/Silfverberg line.  Although, I wonder if they would move Silfverberg off of it, and get a defensive minded winger.  That would probably be cheaper than getting a high scorer. 

Just thinking, but a Rakell/Getzlaf/Eaves line.  A Silfverberg/Dooch/Ritchie or Kase.  Then you will have a Kesler/Cogs/?? line.  Thinking about it more.  So, Ritchie isn't turning out to be a prolific scorer.  Sure he's young, but I just don't see it.  Would a Kesler/Cogs/Ritchie line work?  Kesler and Ritchie would just be bruising.  And Ritchie has enough scoring ability to still make them a bit dangerous.  Fourth line would be Vermette/Shaw/Boll or ???  Thompson and Holzer are FA's, so not much of a loss there.  Unless Thompson wants to come back for $1 million. 

Defensively.  Fowler/Bieska.  Lindholm/Montour.  Larsson/Theodore.  With Stoner and Manson still as backup.  So even if we traded Fowler.  It would probably be Theodore/Bieska.  Just because while Montour showed a bit of offense, Theodore I think is a better QB on the point.  Lindholm/Montour.  Larsson/Stoner/Manson. 

5 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

And fuck Nic Ritchie man. I know he's young; but he took some HORRIBLE penalties all post season long; including a stupid boarding major tonight that fucked us. We really need him to mature a little bit on the ice. 

Another weird thought.  Dallas is supposedly going to expose Ritchie to the expansion draft.  So he could be had for cheap.  We have to protect 7 forwards.  Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler is NMC's and I doubt Perry would waive it.  Rakell/Silfverberg would make 5.  Cogs would make 6.  I don't think we have to protect Ritchie or Kase.  So would having older brother on the team on the same line help the younger?