• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

If this is it for these guys I wouldn't be opposed to a significant shakeup this summer.  Might have to just accept that this group isn't gonna get it done. 

Yeah, as soon as the handshake ends, Murray will probably pull the trigger on a few trades.  You would think Vatanen is a gonner.  Depending on negotiations, Fowler may also be.  I read some article, and they were speculating that Dallas might be willing to give the #3 pick for Fowler, and the article was saying that might not be enough.  And we know that the Red Wings are really big on him also. 

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, as soon as the handshake ends, Murray will probably pull the trigger on a few trades.  You would think Vatanen is a gonner.  Depending on negotiations, Fowler may also be.  I read some article, and they were speculating that Dallas might be willing to give the #3 pick for Fowler, and the article was saying that might not be enough.  And we know that the Red Wings are really big on him also. 

I think one of the Dmen go for sure but if it's Fowler for me anyway we have to get NHL ready talent back.  

I think we also consider sending Kesler off.  I'm sure for the right situation and a chance to win a cup he'd waive his NMC. 

3 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It's been up to the Ducks to make something happen most of the series and they haven't done anything. Being down 2-0 on the road in an elimination game against a much better team is a little late too start making stuff happen.

This is over.

Yea I mean, it's stating the obvious right.  But pretty much that's all there is to it. We have to make them pay on the power play.  5 on 5 is tough against these guys.

23 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean it was a penalty for sure, but I don't think they had to call the major there given other plays they've not called majors on.  It's just the way it is. The Getzlaf Perry and friends Ducks have a rep.   I'm sure the refs would all deny it but these guys are human beings.  It's  been the same for us for 10 years.  Different groups etc.  we always get fucked with the officiating as far as penalties go.

they changed the rule many years ago where if there is blood it's automatic. it was mainly changed for high sticks, but also includes boarding.

3 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

I think this series loss has to be on Rakell, Eaves, and Gibson. I get Eaves is looking for a contract and doesn't want to push it but holy crap, this is playoff hockey. Unless they have broken bones they should be out there, especially since they are well enough to skate.

I'm very certain that if they could play they would be playing dude. 

4 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

I think this series loss has to be on Rakell, Eaves, and Gibson. I get Eaves is looking for a contract and doesn't want to push it but holy crap, this is playoff hockey. Unless they have broken bones they should be out there, especially since they are well enough to skate.

this is the dumbest thing i have ever read and by your standards that is saying something.

blame a series loss on injured players not playing is moronic.

2 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Joe Thornton played with a torn ACL. These guys skate around during practice and sit for the games.

Yea man, but joe Thornton was a complete non factor.  It's pointless to play if your gonna struggle to skate around and be worthless.  We've got other guys playing with energy.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Was not aware of the blood thing.

it's why when you see penalties involving the face teammates almost do a full facial exam looking for blood because it turns the penalty into a double minor.

the boarding play is already dangerous and if the ref deems the penalty to be severe enough or trying to injure a player they will give a game misconduct. the blood just makes the decision easier for the ref. the problem with game misconducts is if the ducks win he could be suspended for game 7 too.

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

it's why when you see penalties involving the face teammates almost do a full facial exam looking for blood because it turns the penalty into a double minor.

the boarding play is already dangerous and if the ref deems the penalty to be severe enough or trying to injure a player they will give a game misconduct. the blood just makes the decision easier for the ref. the problem with game misconducts is if the ducks win he could be suspended for game 7 too.

Yea I know about the high sticking being a double minor.  I wasn't aware of the boarding/major relationship. 

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

they are getting the shots in, just hitting nashville bodies.

they just showed the stat. 14 blocked shots. that's nuts. i think they have 20+ shots total and 3/4 of them have been blocked.

I don't think blocked shots count against shots.  So the number we are firing at net is pretty huge.  Just need to score more.

Just now, gotbeer said:

I don't think blocked shots count against shots.  So the number we are firing at net is pretty huge.  Just need to score more.

Yea they only count as shots if the goalie makes a save.  The corsi stat is gonna look stupid for the Ducks right now.