• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

honestly feel OK about how these first 2 went.  tennischmp mentioned that they got several of their goals tonight on break aways.  These are correctable things.  I was also glad to see that it seems that potentially they've adopted the tactic of just peppering Rinne.  Particularly on the blocker side (they talked about this at length on the NBC broadcast) I haven't gotten the feeling that Nashville has completely taken over for long stretches like we saw with Edmonton.  I mean theres been momentum but I feel like its swung pretty evenly both ways.  At least in terms of possession.  Just gotta get one of these next 2 in Nashville.  

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

honestly feel OK about how these first 2 went.  tennischmp mentioned that they got several of their goals tonight on break aways.  These are correctable things.  I was also glad to see that it seems that potentially they've adopted the tactic of just peppering Rinne.  Particularly on the blocker side (they talked about this at length on the NBC broadcast) I haven't gotten the feeling that Nashville has completely taken over for long stretches like we saw with Edmonton.  I mean theres been momentum but I feel like its swung pretty evenly both ways.  At least in terms of possession.  Just gotta get one of these next 2 in Nashville.  

While those are correctable, the troubling part is that odd man rushes have been a problem the whole playoffs and nothing has been done to address it. 

13 minutes ago, nate said:

BTW, with all the talk about Theo as the top prospect, Montour seems to be the better player.

Montour has really surprised on his D.  He was always a strong offensive Dman coming up the system.  But what he has showed is really a good bonus. 

And I think Theo is showing his age.  He'll just get better with experience. 

Overall though.  Having both Theo and Montour gives the Ducks a lot of options.

Ducks Notes: Idle Patrick Eaves keeps mind occupied as he waits to heal

About Kessler.  LOL

“He just blows my mind,” Johansen said. “I don’t know what’s going through his head out there. His family and his friends watching him play, I don’t know how you cheer for a guy like that. It just doesn’t make sense how he plays the game.

“I’m just trying to go out there and play hockey. It sucks when you have to pull a stick out of your groin every shift.”

Edited by gotbeer

Rakell has pretty much disappeared.  They miss Eaves on that line.  That is why the move to add Ritchie works so well, Ritchie is a bruiser like Eaves is.  I actually think a Rakell - Getz - Ritchie line should be fine, but can't give Rakell much rope the way he has been playing.

No reason to ever mess with the Kesler line.  Cogliano has been excellent all post season.  IMO he is the unsung hero of that line.

9 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don't think that's quite fair to Rakell. He generates possession and has potted what 5 or 6 goals this post season.  He hasn't been on fire or anything but he's doing pretty much what he does.  Hasn't fucked up defensively or anything either. 

6 goals which is tied for 3rd most in the post season.

Also Rakell is tied for lead in best +/- of +12 in playoffs

Ducks rank 5th in best goal song & goal horn. https://www.si.com/nhl/2014/10/17/ranking-all-30-NHL-goal-songs-and-horns#

Says the Ducks have the best Horn, it sounds like a Viking/Germanic longboat horn thats followed by Vikings getting off the boat & raiding their enemies ports.

Nashville's goal song is just embarrassing lol, way to motivate the players with a "country song" no wonder that franchise has had alot of low scoring teams.

That Chicago goal song sounds almost like their 1 sec from saying "Spaghetti-oh" from some kids song.