• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

49 minutes ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

If Eaves would have been hurt one game sooner we wouldn't have to send our 1st round pick to Dallas...  Damn.  Hopefully he re-signs to a team friendly contract to make up for it.

I bet Murray gets a 1st rounder back by trading Vatanen after the playoffs & gets a 1st rounder in the deal.

I could even see the team thats get Vatanen decides to flip him to Edmonton a day later, just like how Martin Jones ended up on San Jose after LA traded him to the East.

5 hours ago, nate said:

Not sure about Bieksa, but honestly I don't think he would have been a good option against a super fast Edmonton team.

Always good to see Cogs score, I know I am in the minority but he is one of my favorite players, he is all over the ice throwing his body around and just grinding.  Same with Richie.  I actually think having Rakell on that third line worked really well.  Nashville is a different team, they have excellent defense but not as much scoring, might be better with more balanced scoring on the top 3 lines.

With Bieksa out Its amazing seeing them run a mostly speedy D-corp, Fowler, Lindholm, Theodore, Montour, Vatanen can all skate great, (Manson is about average ?) & how it balances out the lack of speed on the forward corp.

Its deceptive too cause most of the time a team faces a team that lacks speed with its forwards they don't have a super fast moving D-corp that moves the puck out in a hurry or quickly gets back in time to break up an attack.

That pairing of Lindholm & Manson delivers  alot of nice hits on opposing teams,Hampus starting to be more like fellow swede Kronwall with those hits.
With the speed & hitting ability Lindholm has been showing, its quite hard for players to avoid a guy like him, he needs to continue this against Nashville.

21 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

I bet Murray gets a 1st rounder back by trading Vatanen after the playoffs & gets a 1st rounder in the deal.

I could even see the team thats get Vatanen decides to flip him to Edmonton a day later, just like how Martin Jones ended up on San Jose after LA traded him to the East.

I'm still hoping Vatanen gets dealt to Colorado for Douche or Land O Lakes.  Although, a bunch of picks would be good too if we can re-sign Eaves.  Eaves really fits the style of this team so well. 

I think the issue with our D corps that Edmonton sort of exposed is size.  Bieksa could have been helpful in that regard.  But I'm also enthusiastic about our D Ducklings.  Lindholm showed a bit more physicality then we've seen from him before.  That would be a big development for him.  Montour and Theodore are great talents. 

Im with GB in hoping that we can get Duchene for Vatanen.  He is literally exactly what the Ducks forward group needs.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I personally think Manson is pretty below average.  He throws his body around well but also gets caught out of position quite a bit and doesn't keep his feet moving.

I hope they can hold onto Vatanen if at all possible, he had a really good season and it was obvious when he was out what they were missing.

Gotta give up to get though.  Vatanen is a very good player.  The Ducks need help up front though.  Especially with Corey Perry rapidly declining.  This guy is probably not going to bounce back next year.  There's also a decent chance that they don't retain Eaves.  

I disagree on Manson, I think he's improved every year he's been on the team.  I think you're exaggerating his positioning problems a bit there Nate.  We can disagree of course.  We're lucky to have him at the price IMO.  He's a good player.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

36 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

You think we keep the big line of Ritchie-Getz-perry for game 1? Gives Rakell and Kase a chance to go to work against Nashville's bottom lines. 

It worked on the Oil but I don't think theres enough speed to challenge  the Predators D men with Ritchie Getz and Perry together.  Predators obvious massive strength is their D.  We need guys who can close on the puck fast enough to put pressure on them.  I would rather put Rakell with Getzlaf.  We'll probably need to load up a top line threaten them.  Different dynamic then what we were dealing with with Edmonton .

Edited by UndertheHalo

50 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Oh, sort of fun news.  Apparently Paul Kariya might finally be coming out of his recluse state. 

when he left I fucking hated him.  But, time heals all things.  Kariya is a massive part of the Ducks history and should be welcomed back into fold.  If he's gonna be around now, im glad for it. 

Yes please.  Him and Teemu for game 1 puck drop would get the crowd in an absolute frenzy.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Gotta give up to get though.  Vatanen is a very good player.  The Ducks need help up front though.  Especially with Corey Perry rapidly declining.  This guy is probably not going to bounce back next year.  There's also a decent chance that they don't retain Eaves.  

I disagree on Manson, I think he's improved every year he's been on the team.  I think you're exaggerating his positioning problems a bit there Nate.  We can disagree of course.  We're lucky to have him at the price IMO.  He's a good player.  

I can count at least 3 times where Manson being out of position or playing the body and forgetting the puck led directly to an Edmonton 2 on 1 and/or goal. He can be great at times and then a total goof. Sadly, I think we hold onto Manson due to him being almost free. Vats frees up 4 mill or so, right?

D core in 2017-18

4-71

47-42

53-2/3/5/51

Gotta imagine we still trade 1 more Dman. KB2, Cam, Stoner to free up more cap space. Cam obviously gives us the best return but who knows. So many directions the Ducks could go.

51 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

If we get Eaves back.  That would be just tremendous.  

45 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

You think we keep the big line of Ritchie-Getz-perry for game 1? Gives Rakell and Kase a chance to go to work against Nashville's bottom lines. 

If we get Eaves back.  I think it has to be Getz/Eaves/Rakell.  That line has been absolutely filthy.

That would leave as our third line Ritchie/Perry/Thompson with the fourth line a laughable Vermette/Kase/Shaw.  And by laughable, I mean they will be skating around causing so much havoc since they are so much better than other teams 4th and sometimes 3rd lines.

3 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

Gotta imagine we still trade 1 more Dman. KB2, Cam, Stoner to free up more cap space. Cam obviously gives us the best return but who knows. So many directions the Ducks could go.

Think anyone would take a chance on Depres?  Or could we trade him to a bottom feeder to free cap like they did with Pronger?

I think Cam will be dependent on a LTC.  If they can settle on a reasonable contract, I'd say in the $5-6 range, they will keep him.  If he's looking for higher, I just can't see the Ducks able to afford it.  So at that point, might as well get a boatload for him.  Luckily, we really don't need much, so it could be a boatload of picks.  And with how Murray and his staff picks, man that could be a goldmine.

33 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

I can count at least 3 times where Manson being out of position or playing the body and forgetting the puck led directly to an Edmonton 2 on 1 and/or goal. He can be great at times and then a total goof. Sadly, I think we hold onto Manson due to him being almost free. Vats frees up 4 mill or so, right?

To be fair, I feel like we could say the same thing about just about all of our top 4 dmen during that series.  Edmonton caused problems for sure. 

My belief is that Manson provides a different look then Vatanen, Fowler and at least for now Theodore and Montour.  Even Lindholm while more physical recently really doesn't provide the Ducks with the bruising D man threat that Manson does.  He skates fairly well also.  It's an important aspect that I don't think the Ducks D corps can really afford to lose.  Plus, absolutely the money.  Manson is on a great deal for us. 

18 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

To be fair, I feel like we could say the same thing about just about all of our top 4 dmen during that series.  Edmonton caused problems for sure. 

My belief is that Manson provides a different look then Vatanen, Fowler and at least for now Theodore and Montour.  Even Lindholm while more physical recently really doesn't provide the Ducks with the bruising D man threat that Manson does.  He skates fairly well also.  It's an important aspect that I don't think the Ducks D corps can really afford to lose.  Plus, absolutely the money.  Manson is on a great deal for us. 

Yep his slightly above average skating ability makes Manson's hitting ability such a great balance with the current D-corp they have, there's not many physical D-men with his skating ability that can be had for his price tag. I've read some things from Leafs fans who want the Leafs to trade for Manson cause they like his energy, hits, solid defense, solid skating ability & underrated offensive ability.

its gonna come down to goal tending and special teams imo.  The Ducks aren't gonna win this series if they go 0-19 on the power play again.  Ducks PK also has to be infinitely better.  What would be best tho is if we just stay disciplined and don't take a bunch of penalties.  I don't think it's terrible for us matchup wise. IMO our D matches up a lot better against Nashville then we did against Edmonton.  Nashville has a couple of good forwards.  Specifically Johansson and Forsberg but it falls off pretty steeply after those 2.  They have James Neal also,  who's basically Corey Perry lite (when Perry didn't suck I mean) Fiala breaking his leg and being out for the postseason is a significant blow for them.  The Ducks can beat this team, we have a definitive edge up the middle. but it's gonna be another real tough series.  Edmonton has the edge on D of course , but it's not a massive one top to bottom imo.  They have the edge in net as well but we'll see how Gibson plays.  Gibson has shown us elite level goal tending for random stretches early on in his career.  Hopefully that Gibson shows up and Rinne regresses a little bit. 

Anyway my head tells me it's gonna be Nashville in 7.  But my heart says Ducks in 6.  Hopefully Gibson rewards our faith.....some of us anyway :-)

Edited by UndertheHalo

55 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

My gut is telling me Nashville in 6. I wanna say Ducks in 6 but this matchup is gonna be awful. As I stated last season lol. We don't matchup well with them at all. Ugh. I hate Rinne.

Shut your stupid whore mouth. 

Ducks in 4, 5, 6, maybe 7.  No other options.