• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

? For Geoff and Chuck re: Legalized Marijuana

How has it affected your states? Has the tax benefit started to show?

Has there been an influx of dirt bags, homeless, democrats, etc... as predicted?

Just wondering if it has been a plus or minus for your guys.

In 2015, CO had almost a billion dollars in pot sales.  That generated $135 million in taxes and fees.

It's been a great thing for the state.  People are taking weekend trips here with friends for a "fun weekend" (kind of like they'd do with Vegas).  So the benefits of it extend into tourism.

There have isolated incidents of dispensaries being robbed of cash and product, but those are very isolated.  There has been no roaming bands of hippies.  The people that smoked pot before, smoke it now and pay taxes on it.  The people that didn't smoke pot before still don't.

Edited by Geoff

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

How has it affected your states? Has the tax benefit started to show?

Has there been an influx of dirt bags, homeless, democrats, etc... as predicted?

Just wondering if it has been a plus or minus for your guys.

Guarantee that when the weed gets legal in California, it's going to be a lot different than Colorado or Washington. 

The homeless/hippies in this state will just sit around complaining that they can't afford housing while spending hundreds on that stuff. 

42 minutes ago, nate said:

It is already basically legal in CA.  When I went to get my pot card in 2009 I just walked in, shook the doctors hand and had a card.

When I got pulled over by the cops in 1996 and they found 2 ounces on me, they just made my buddy drive us home. Didn't even confiscate the weed. 

2 hours ago, Adam said:

How'd you know? I didn't even include the part about them giving me $100

You also forgot to mention that your buddy who drove you home was oriental, and that he ran over the cops foot, sideswiped his car, and knocked over the garbage cans within 10 seconds of being told to leave. And he wasn't smoking 

Edited by NJHalo

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

You also forgot to mention that your buddy who drove you home was oriental, and that he ran over the cops foot, sideswiped his car, and knocked over the garbage cans within 10 seconds of being told to leave. And he wasn't smoking 

We call that DWA

A for asian.

No crime here, move along. Preferably before he starts the car again.

22 hours ago, nate said:

It is already basically legal in CA.  When I went to get my pot card in 2009 I just walked in, shook the doctors hand and had a card.

It baffles me that to this day, there are people still too lazy to do that. (Insert stoner joke). But from what i understand, it is as simple as you put it...so if you want to smoke weed, why not take that easy step?

Those are the people who add to the firepower of people pushing to make it completely legal.

As far as seattle (and colorado), how does it work? Do you still need a rec card like california, or its just totally legal now?

It's just legal.  Like a liquor store, you can go into a pot dispensary and purchase pot in a limited quantity for personal use.  They sell it as smokable weed, eatables, lotions, etc.  Now, if you happen to have a medical card, you still go to the same places, but you get a "medical discount."

At least ... that's what I've read.

Edited by Geoff

When I got my card it was hilarious, the waiting room look like some social services office....just simple, basic, and an eclectic mix of random people. You fill out a form, pay $80, then the one lone physician sees you, takes your blood pressure, asks some basic questions and signs the little permit dealio. The funny part was the dude was admonishing me about my blood pressure, "You should be more worried about your blood pressure than smoking some damn pot"......I just bit my tongue instead of telling him I don't smoke and just wanted the card because of growing and transporting. A lot of people don't know, but when you get your card it's actually not even legit. You're suppose to send in something like two years of medical history from your primary physician to the doctor that signed off to make it a legit marijuana card. No one takes the step because no one really cares anymore, plus the cards are only good for a year so it's $80 or whatever the physician charges a year.

Robberies aren't really isolated incidents and are real and often. Banks follow federal law and it's still a nightmare to impossible to get money into a bank as they don't allow it. You have to lie with some shelter company, but your money is at risk if caught. Plus, pot growers that I have met aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, they keep their money on the premises. Just easy marks. On the grow side once word spreads that you're flowering people will try to break in and chop the shit down and steal your three months of work. Colorado is a little different though because they make grows have government cameras in the facilities.