• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Brewers 5/3 5:10

Franchise defining move really. Should have gotten Scioscia fired. Did get Reagins fired. Not only did we take a contract nobody in baseball would take, we gave up a better, cheaper player to do so. Hilarious level of ineptitude.

We've done this pretty much over and over since signing Torii...almost every big acquisition since signing him has been a bust on some level. 

I disagree.  We are a legit LFer and 2bman as well as a good pen arm from being a much better team.  All of which were readily available last off season.  

Would the cheap options of those (I'll say Span and Freese - with Escobar moving to 2B) got us over the line though? We would be better, sure. But I'm not convinced it would have been enough.

Would the cheap options of those (I'll say Span and Freese - with Escobar moving to 2B) got us over the line though? We would be better, sure. But I'm not convinced it would have been enough.

No. Pretty sure he's talking more about adding a Cespedes/Heyward type player though

No. Pretty sure he's talking more about adding a Cespedes/Heyward type player though

This team very easily could've added 10 wins in the offseason if they wanted to. Long term though, we've seen these contracts do not continue to pay dividends, so we'll need to continue spending to plug the other holes in the club. There are not enough decent players coming through the system to make it feasible. The young rotation has to work out for this to be a viable strategy.

I disagree. We are a legit LFer and 2bman as well as a good pen arm from being a much better team. All of which were readily available last off season.

This is the type of thinking from the past 6 years that has gotten this franchise in such a mess. We're a long ways from being good.

Brutal watching this team flounder like this.

Very telling with Pujols stopping to watch his warning track power then idiotically trying to turn his uh-oh into a double for an out. That sh*t ain't helping nobody.

Guy is in denial that he is still a homerun hitter. Doubles and singles, AL. Good contact. That's all you're good for anymore. Sure an occasional homer is great, but give it up.

I'm so glad I live in Northern California and don't have the opportunity to go to the big A to watch the Halos self destruct. I get a lot of crap from Giants and A's fans about the Angels, but it sure is fun watching the Warriors.