• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Brewers 5/3 5:10

I'm more referring to the decision to get Pujols and Hamilton which are two big reasons this franchise is so ****ed at the moment. Also a very odd move to trade pretty much the only two prospects for a defensive player and do nothing of substance to improve the offense. The fact that the minor league system is incredibly terrible makes this a bleak outlook for the foreseeable future. Ward is a nice prospect but other than that... This shit is just depressing.

The Simmons trade makes sense because he's signed for 5 years at a reasonable salary. He will come cheaper than whatever alternative we would have ended up going with.

Of course this really all started with the trade for Wells. Should have started the rebuild then. Of course the owner doesn't like to invest heavily in scouting so we would probably still suck. Here's hoping he sells the team very soon.

It's funny, I still have a long rant on Facebook from the time of that trade about how moves like that were signaling the downfall of the organization. lol

The Simmons trade makes sense because he's signed for 5 years at a reasonable salary. He will come cheaper than whatever alternative we would have ended up going with.

Dude is going to hit .240 for us at best.  Guys don't come to the Angels and get better offensively. He's basically a better Rey Ordonez and we gave up our future for it.  Dumb.

It's probably for the best that they didn't spend, we'd still be a bad/meh team. Who knows when we'll start to see any sort of coherent plan develop though...

I disagree.  We are a legit LFer and 2bman as well as a good pen arm from being a much better team.  All of which were readily available last off season.  

Dude is going to hit .240 for us at best.  Guys don't come to the Angels and get better offensively. He's basically a better Rey Ordonez and we gave up our future for it.  Dumb.

I'm not even defending the move. I'm OK with it if the team had addressed LF/2B, but since they didn't I see it for what it is, trading uncertain future assets for low cost certainty.

It's funny, I still have a long rant on Facebook from the time of that trade about how moves like that were signaling the downfall of the organization. lol

Franchise defining move really. Should have gotten Scioscia fired. Did get Reagins fired. Not only did we take a contract nobody in baseball would take, we gave up a better, cheaper player to do so. Hilarious level of ineptitude.

I'm not even defending the move. I'm OK with it if the team had addressed LF/2B, but since they didn't I see it for what it is, trading uncertain future assets for low cost certainty.

Yeah totally agree.  I think everyone said that at the time, "Well this means we're going to go after it in FA" and we were all pretty baffled when we just signed has beens. Doesn't make sense.  

I disagree.  We are a legit LFer and 2bman as well as a good pen arm from being a much better team.  All of which were readily available last off season.  

I may just be biased from watching this team every day, but there is really not much here. We have Trout, an every day RF and SS and one decent starting pitcher. With the west open we could piece together a competitor if Moreno wanted to spend the money but eventually we will need to rock a +$200m payroll to stay competitive.