• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Well when you guys talk about his ego and say shit like he doesn't have the balls to move him down in the line up (even though he's done it once already) those two things contradict each other. So it gets a little annoying reading self contracting opinions that are just avenues to complain in the first place.

When you move a player from the 3rd spot to the clean up spot, isn't that considered a promotion? I can see an immediate need to move him down to the 6th spot.

lol @ scioscia a future HOF, who exactly is touting him as a future HOF besides yourself and erstad grit? please list your credentials to make such a stupid claim.

any possibility of scioscia making the HOF were long over after his last 14 years of playoff failures.

Before you continue to look stupid look up his record and compare it with other managers who made the hall of fame.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/managers/

Scioscia is currently 24th on all time list with 1423 wins. That is 517 wins from the top ten. And every manager in the top ten is currently in the HOF. Based on his current pace 88 wins a season. That means he just needs to keep the same under "underachieving pace" for six years and he is in the top ten with a WS championship and five division titles.

Right now the only manager in the top 12 in the HOF is Gene Mauch and he never made it to a world series and only two division titles.

Edited by stormngt

If your clean up hitter is supposed to be better than your #3 hitter then everyone in baseball is doing it wrong. Also basically every team I just looked at from yesterday had their best hitter hitting 3rd. So while I've seen the stats they say over the course of a season you have a better chance of winning hitting your best guy 2, managers aren't actually doing that. Granted I only looked at a few games but here's who's batting third:

Trout

Cano

Harper

Mauer

Bautista (exception, Donaldson is better)

MCab

Every game I looked at the 2nd and 3rd hitters are better than clean up.

I'd bat Trout 2nd, but if my best hitter was Miguel Cabrera I'd bat him 3rd because he has zero speed.

So if Mike is bad at line up construction because Trout bats third then basically all managers are bad at it.

How long should Scioscia go before flipping Calhoun and Pujols in the batting order?

I might give it say another 2 weeks, which is the close of week one in May. If Pujols is still hitting sub .150 by then, it seems a true necessity to flip them in the order.

Edited by Angel Oracle

How long should Scioscia go before flipping Calhoun and Pujols in the batting order?

I might give it say another 2 weeks, which is the close of week one in May. If Pujols is still hitting sub .150 by then, it seems a true necessity to flip them in the order.

It's Mike so whatever someone else would do add 50% to it. If I had to guess it'll be in the next couple of weeks. Mike will explain it as a way to take some pressure off of Albert.

It's Mike so whatever someone else would do add 50% to it. If I had to guess it'll be in the next couple of weeks. Mike will explain it as a way to take some pressure off of Albert.

You are probably right about Scioscia's explanation if Pujols is dropped in the batting order.  Anyone paying any casual attention to Albert over the past few years will know that the "pressure" is not the problem.  I am baffled why Albert does not recognize the reality and address it himself by asking to be moved down in the lineup or why Scioscia takes so long to address these types of issues?

I am sure there are examples of veteran players "turning it around" after struggling for an extended time, but I am having a difficult time remembering one.

This would be aces if it had Albert's face on it.

i have zero photoshop skills. 

maybe one of the experts around here can grant your wish. anyone want to give it a shot?

Edited by Tank

I didn't call him an idiot. I said his line up construction is idiotic. You disagree? Good for you!! Don't put words in my mouth please. I said Scioscia doesn't know how to construct a line up. If you think he does, happy days to you.

Why do you get so defensive? My goodness. Don't worry, Arte will probably keep mike Scioscia here for the next ten years.

Improve your communication skills. Your post clearly seems like your calling him anot idiot.

And why is it fair to talk sh@t about Scioscia but you can't take it when someone talks sh@t back and defends him. You have the right to think Scioscia's lineups are idiotic and I have the right to think your posts are idiotic.

Won't get an argument from me

Did you just tell me to improve my communication skills when you can't even use the proper version of "you're"?

And then you use the word "anot". Yea, but I need to improve my communication skills.

You have the right to do whatever you want dude. Just don't put words in my mouth, like you did in the previous post.

If you can't interpret through auto correct errors I am sorry. You still called Scioscia an idiot despite your denials.