• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun absolutely should hit right next to Trout. This offense blows so any change won't help much but you need to do something. I'd rather see the lineup look like this

Escobar

Trout

Calhoun

The rest of the lineup is junk after that so the order doesn't really matter.

Good logic. Too bad Scioscia doesn't apply any. It makes too much sense to surround the best hitters on the team around Trout.

He plays very good defense and throws guys out. He also hit about .270 last year in the 2nd half when he received more playing time. Basically just that. He can play D and showed he can hit. Other than those two key pieces he's awful.

Showed? Mathis showed he can hit in the playoffs. I'll take the wait and see approach on his hitting. His defense is good ... nothing to write home about. I'll be rooting for Perez hoping I'm wrong.

Pujols looks terrible. It isn't like he is hitting the ball hard and getting unlucky.

I think this is the year the wheels fall all the way off.

His first DP last night the first inning was a shot up the middle. His last at bat he hit hard but the deepest part of the field.......

Oh who am I fooling.....time to take a day off Albert. Give Choi some at bats and get Albert refocused.

Showed? Mathis showed he can hit in the playoffs. I'll take the wait and see approach on his hitting. His defense is good ... nothing to write home about. I'll be rooting for Perez hoping I'm wrong.

Yes, showed, by hitting around .270 the 2nd half of last season when he became the starter.

Yes, showed, by hitting around .270 the 2nd half of last season when he became the starter.

Let's be honest here ... he also showed he can hit sub .200 for three consecutive months. It was also his rookie season and pitchers will make their adjustments from scouting reports.

I'm not hating on the guy but still a little skeptical. I'm always hoping for the best from our players.

We'll see if it happens dude. I don't think it will.

No need to get all worked up over it.

Well when you guys talk about his ego and say shit like he doesn't have the balls to move him down in the line up (even though he's done it once already) those two things contradict each other. So it gets a little annoying reading self contracting opinions that are just avenues to complain in the first place.

I'm new here. I don't know what other people have said over the years, but don't pin that on me.

If you want to think Scioscia is good with line up construction, that's your prerogative. I don't. I don't think he's a good manager. It's an opinion you don't have to like.

But, I'm pretty confident Pujols won't be hitting 5th this year.

The reason Scioscia moved Pujols 4th was to bat Trout 3rd, which is an idiotic move in my opinion anyway. It doesn't show anything about his ego. It just shows he's clueless and doesn't understand basic line up construction.

Our best hitter should be batting second in the line up and Scioscia chooses to platoon two players who didn't even hit last year there.

The #2 hitter and #3 hitter is virtually the same game to game as it relates to your best hitter hitting there. However I agree that I would bat Trout 2nd or 3rd and Calhoun directly behind him.

I'm new here. I don't know what other people have said over the years, but don't pin that on me.

If you want to think Scioscia is good with line up construction, that's your prerogative. I don't. I don't think he's a good manager. It's an opinion you don't have to like.

The reason Scioscia moved Pujols 4th was to bat Trout 3rd, which is an idiotic move in my opinion anyway. It doesn't show anything about his ego. It just shows he's clueless and doesn't understand basic line up construction.

Our best hitter should be batting second in the line up and Scioscia chooses to platoon two players who didn't even hit last year there.

I always laugh when a future HOF manager is called an idiot by a person who at best will be HOFr on Playstation

Please tell us more. You clearly know more about  baseball than Scioscia, a 13 year MLB catcher / 17 year MLB manager. Maybe you should apply for his job. Send Arte your resume and line up ideas. 

Just out of curiosity what's the highest level baseball you have played or coached? 

I always laugh when a future HOF manager is called an idiot by a person who at best will be HOFr on Playstation

lol @ scioscia a future HOF, who exactly is touting him as a future HOF besides yourself and erstad grit?  please list your credentials to make such a stupid claim.

any possibility of scioscia making the HOF were long over after his last 14 years of playoff failures.  

2000 AL Manager of the Year - 4th 
2002 AL Manager of the Year - 1st 
2004 AL Manager of the Year - 3rd 
2007 AL Manager of the Year - 2nd 
2008 AL Manager of the Year - 3rd 
2009 AL Manager of the Year - 1st 
2014 AL Manager of the Year - 2nd 

This and 1400+ wins is pretty impressive. Pretty sad if you as an Angel fan haven't been able to appreciate and enjoy the best era of our franchise.