• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

President Obama To Announce Merrick Garland As Supreme Court Nominee

If it's accepted, incorrectly,  that..."well, it's been done before so this really is really just politics as usual"...it's a different discussion and it becomes more of the "both sides do it" bullshit. This isn't. This really is something we haven't seen and an abdication of their constitutional duties and a big **** you to the people who voted for Barrack Obama...twice.

If it's accepted, incorrectly, that..."well, it's been done before so this really is really just politics as usual"...it's a different discussion and it becomes more of the "both sides do it" bullshit. This isn't. This really is something we haven't seen and an abdication of their constitutional duties and a big **** you to the people who voted for Barrack Obama...twice.

But, but...the Biden Rule and what Obama said in 2006! Exactly the same! Obama's getting what he deserves.

Paraphrased from the FB page of somebody who used to post here. He said that even if Obama nominated Jesus Christ Himself that the Republicans shouldn't hold hearings.

But, but...the Biden Rule and what Obama said in 2006! Exactly the same! Obama's getting what he deserves.

Paraphrased from the FB page of somebody who used to post here. He said that even if Obama nominated Jesus Christ Himself that the Republicans shouldn't hold hearings.

laugh...the Biden Rule. A hypothetical discussion in June of an election year suddenly becomes two centuries of precedence. I saw McConnell had trolled out that bullshit. They've found their death tax meme haven't they.

If it's accepted, incorrectly,  that..."well, it's been done before so this really is really just politics as usual"...it's a different discussion and it becomes more of the "both sides do it" bullshit. This isn't. This really is something we haven't seen and an abdication of their constitutional duties and a big **** you to the people who voted for Barrack Obama...twice.

That wasn't what I was trying to say.  But you will turn a discussion where I call out the republicans doing something stupid and will instead focus on an "i" I didn't dot.

Here is McConnell saying the Senate will not even consider Obama's SCOTUS nominee.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/sen-mcconnell-let-the-people-have-a-voice/ar-BBqxKKh?li=BBnb7Kz

Isn't this impeachable?  He is refusing to do his job.  Crap I hate this stuff.

it's become so divisive on the hill that congressmen are blatantly saying "we won't do our job and there's nothing you can do to stop us."

i get that they don't want obama to throw off the balance of the court, but carrying on like they have publicly is really a dereliction of duty to us as citizens. this should be impeachable.

and just what, pray tell, will they do if hilary is elected and nominates someone who isn't a moderate?

Republicans seem to think they own the seat that Scalia occupied. It's time they get over themselves, they don't own that seat on the court, they don't own any of the seats! They also seem to be under the impression that the seat must be filled by a right-wing clone of Scalia.lol

The court is going to change whether they like it or not and Republicans in the Senate need to do the job they were sworn to do and uphold their Constitutional requirement by considering Obama's nomination. Anything less is a dereliction of their duty as spelled out in the Constitution.

Republicans have been butthurt ever since the Bork thing, but the truth is that Democrats did their job and confirmed Anthony Kennedy. The Dems didn't threaten to not have confirmation hearings and the Republicans got their conservative justice that Reagan nominated.

Republicans need to get over the Bork thing. They've been carrying this bs for far too long. There has been something like 29 other SC nominees that have been rejected by the Senate, some were liberal nominees and some have been conservative. 

The SC is going to change, the right is going to lose their majority in the near future and they would be fools to not accept Obama's nominee because that is probably going to be their only chance to get a moderate on the court. If Clinton is elected president they won't get that opportunity.

Edited by Angels#1Fan