• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! AngelsWin.com - Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The FDA has not done this before but that doesn't invalidate both the need for expediency and also verification of effectiveness. One more thing about FDA approval. The FDA regulates US and foriegn manufacturers drugs and is backlogged on how many are being tested daily. Pushing the COVID Vaccine to the front is just what it is, the other drugs are stuck in the slowness of beuracracy, not the efficacy of the product. Many could be on the market today but for how long it takes from trial submission to acceptance, then phase two submission and acceptance, then phase three submission and acceptance. Like getting a prescription at Walgreens, the verification and filling of the order is quick, once your prescription makes it from the bottom of the stack to the top. 

You don't trust the first run of vaccines? Fine, you won't be part of that cross section of society that is pushed to the front of the line. That is the military, first responders and hospital personnel. The general public are way down the line distribution so even if vaccine clears phase three clinical trials within 30 days, the manufacturing and distribution is six to twelve months out before it is available. 

In essence you are hand wringing for no reason. 

Do think Trump cares more about our health or his re-election?

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lou

• UndertheHalo

• Blarg

• Jason

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure a 79 through 83 year old POTUS would need a lot of those, too.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

"Trump didn't act fast enough, and over 200k are dead because of him!"

"Trump shouldn't rush the vaccine. He's only doing it because he wants to win a second term."

pretty much the standard definition of a catch-22.

Pretty much the standard definition of a false equivalency.

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

So The answer is no. This is unprecedented, so why push it so hard before the election? Experts expect it to take until next April at least for a viable vaccine and in enough volume to vaccinate everyone. Feel free to be Trump's guinea pig

One of the interesting things about our nation is that when there is a compelling cause it will get off its ass, put away politics for the short term and actually do some good. The economic and intellectual might of this country could do wonders without so many in their way. 

In the end, the vaccine has nothing to do with Trump or even the FDA. Those are only government figureheads that claim responsibility for the win while it's the researchers doing all of the work. That is the team I am rooting for, not the FDA, not Trump, not Congress or the election cycle results. 

You seem to be concerned only with your candidate being in office when others come up with the cure. It's such an arrogantly stupid stance. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Feel free to be Trump's guinea pig

Back in 2016 I volunteered to be a "guinea pig" in a bladder cancer research clinical trial that required node harvesting during my surgery. There are long term affects but I can live with them because somebody down the line may not have to go through bladder resection and have to deal with urinary diversion or worse, a slow death. 

You would never be a "guinea pig" since your life isn't considered of value to the nation and as such wouldn't receive the first or even second phases of vaccination. At best you would see a vaccine in April so try not being such a putz. 

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Back in 2016 I volunteered to be a "guinea pig" in a bladder cancer research clinical trial that required node harvesting during my surgery. There are long term affects but I can live with them because somebody down the line may not have to go through bladder resection and have to deal with urinary diversion or worse, a slow death. 

You would never be a "guinea pig" since your life isn't considered of value to the nation and as such wouldn't receive the first or even second phases of vaccination. At best you would see a vaccine in April so try not being such a putz. 

Weird. You just quoted yourself and called yourself a putz.

Screenshot_20200923-124530_Chrome.jpg

44 minutes ago, Blarg said:

One of the interesting things about our nation is that when there is a compelling cause it will get off its ass, put away politics for the short term and actually do some good. The economic and intellectual might of this country could do wonders without so many in their way. 

In the end, the vaccine has nothing to do with Trump or even the FDA. Those are only government figureheads that claim responsibility for the win while it's the researchers doing all of the work. That is the team I am rooting for, not the FDA, not Trump, not Congress or the election cycle results. 

You seem to be concerned only with your candidate being in office when others come up with the cure. It's such an arrogantly stupid stance. 

bullshit, l might agree with you if wasn't an election in 50+ days and Trump wasn't trailing badly.