• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

They need like 20 GOP senators to turn on Trump.  Throw all the data and information out the window.  All you need to know about this whole thing is that they need 20 GOP senators to turn on the orange boi.  

so based on that, even if you are deeply convinced that Trump did something improper (he probably did) what is the purpose of pursuing this charade process ? Besides doing the stupid procedures and constitutioning that obviously doesn’t mean jack shit.  Truly I’d like to hear a compelling case for this that isn’t pure bullshit.  What is the practical purpose ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It would be interesting to see if the GAO has flagged other administrations for breaking the law and nobody paid attention until now.

https://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/taliban-guantanamo-bay-prisoner-swap-gao-report-110236

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5016440/ns/us_news/t/gao-bush-promotion-medicare-shift-illegal/#.Xi9PpmhKiUk

https://nypost.com/2020/01/21/gao-report-will-be-big-part-of-dems-case-in-trump-impeachment-trial/

It just seems like there has been a non stop attempt to remove Trump from office beginning on January 20 2017. Why wasn't the GAO taken seriously before? 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

They need like 20 GOP senators to turn on Trump.  Throw all the data and information out the window.  All you need to know about this whole thing is that they need 20 GOP senators to turn on the orange boi.  

so based on that, even if you are deeply convinced that Trump did something improper (he probably did) what is the purpose of pursuing this charade process ? Besides doing the stupid procedures and constitutioning that obviously doesn’t mean jack shit.  Truly I’d like to hear a compelling case for this that isn’t pure bullshit.  What is the practical purpose ?

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don't get this logic. Just because we know the republican senators will stay loyal to their party, they should not bother impeaching him, even though he committed impeachable acts?  

31 minutes ago, sht1ckboy said:

I don't get this logic. Just because we know the republican senators will stay loyal to their party, they should not bother impeaching him, even though he committed impeachable acts?  

I believe Trump has done more stupid things as opposed to impeachable ones. Had Ukraine not received the aid then it would be more clear cut. As far as our senators are concerned, very few of them have the integrity to do what is right anymore.  Maintaining their party's power is what is most important to them. 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

His point is that he won't be impeached

Well he’s been impeached but yes this is exactly my point he won’t be removed so what are we doing ? The faux devotion to procedural shit that isn’t mutually observed is fucking stupid.  

it’s especially hallow when things like the republicans (who are we kidding this is Pelosi’s bill to an equal degree) monstrous defense bill are largely rubber stamped by Pelosi’s house.  It’s all bullshit boys. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, Jason said:

In all honesty, I have not paid attention to this impeachment trial for one minute. I do have a serious question though. If they are impeaching Trump for trying to withhold approved military aid until they investigate Biden does that equal stupidity or a crime? From what I understand is that Ukraine did get the military aid on schedule. Is wanting to withhold the aid as much of a crime as actually following through with the threat to withhold it? I do not doubt for one second that Trump wanted to leverage our support for the investigation into Biden (who should be investigated). Trump could have just asked Ukraine to investigate without the discussion of the aid and he would be in his right to do that. 

Lets say you kidnap a person for ransom, get caught before you get the ransom, and release the person.  No harm no foul?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

image.jpeg

See this one of my biggest issues.  I don’t accept that there is a large portion of the Democrats voting (or potential voting) base that really cares about this.  Like not a top 5 issue.  Massive spending on the military instead of basically anything else ? I don’t know.  Seems a like a more pertinent issue.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

23 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

See this one of my biggest issues.  I don’t accept that there is a large portion of the Democrats voting (or potential voting) base that really cares about this.  Like not a top 5 issue.  Massive spending on the military instead of basically anything else ? I don’t know.  Seems a like a more pertinent issue.  

Someone should let the Democrats in office know this 

41 minutes ago, Rico said:

But also that Trump has been criming for a very long time.

40 minutes ago, sht1ckboy said:

Trump only has himself to blame for both the special counsel investigation, and the impeachment trial. 

i won't try to defend trump's actions - they speak for themselves.

my complaint is that there has been so much vitriol thrown at him that there were people talking about impeaching him before he was even inaugurated. IMHO, the top priority of the left has been to toss him out as a way to undo the election results. they hate him so much that that's the entire focus of their work in DC.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

i won't try to defend trump's actions - they speak for themselves.

my complaint is that there has been so much vitriol thrown at him that there were people talking about impeaching him before he was even inaugurated.

There were republicans talking about impeaching Hillary even before the election.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/republicans-are-already-talking-about-impeaching-clinton

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

. IMHO, the top priority of the left has been to toss him out as a way to undo the election results. they hate him so much that that's the entire focus of their work in DC.

But that's simply not true.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2019/nov/14/what-congress-doing-besides-impeachment/

1 hour ago, sht1ckboy said:

So?