• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016 NFL Free Agency

nando714

Just about to post that Osweiler is going to Houston.  I'm torn on the Kaepernick rumor because he's such a douche.  Athletically he's gifted but he's regressed every year since signing his current contract.  San Fran is a mess and him getting out of there is probably best for him but doesn't mean I want him to end up in Denver.  That said the QB FA class is weak and the best options left via trade or FA are Fitzpatrick, RGIII and Kaepernick right now.  I like the thought of Fitzpatrick as a game manager for a few years if Denver thinks their D can continue to be one of the better ones in the league but long term he isn't the answer while there's more upside with RGIII and Kaepernick who are both younger.

Osweiller to Houston, Mack to Atlanta, and losing Jenkins?

WTF are you doing Snead?

Snoorrre, tic toc, tic toc, snorreee! 

Both you and the Kings' Dean Lombardi used the drafts to rebuild.

At least Lombardi can make trades/FA signings.    I hope you intend to do the same!

I mean you only have some $40+ million to use to get to the salary cap. 

Are you too busy finding a place to live out here????

Edited by Angel Oracle

Holy shit balls...Philly gave Chase Daniel 3 years, $21 million !?! WTF !?!?! That is not backup QB money...I wonder how much is guaranteed.

He's good.

Watched him at Mizzou, he filled in nicely for Drew Brees, and didn't get many reps in KC but was solid.

I don't think he'll light it up, but is capable.

Chiefs stripped of their 3rd round pick this year and I think a 6th round pick in 2017 for tampering with Jeremy Maclin last off season

It's weak. In any other sport I think the appeal process would work, but not in the NFL.

The Jets did way worse last year and only were fined 100k.

Deadspin has a good article titled "Chiefs docked 3rd round pick for doing what every team does"

At least the Rams signed Mark Barron to a new deal, and got some other support players re-signed.

But they still have to resolve a secondary now without Jenkins and McLeod.

And they still have the meh Keenum and Foles QB'ing.  

i appreciate that you know the rams roster as well as you do. i'm not sure i know anyone outside of gurley, keenum, and foles.

Mixed feelings on that one.  Both CJ and Hillman were FA's entering the off season and Hillman is definitely a change of pace back who they could afford to let go assuming they kept CJ.  CJ is a 3 down back and is a better blocker but at 4.5M a year that puts him top 10 in the NFL as far as avg annual salary for a RB goes.  Currently not having a QB who has thrown a pass in the NFL means having a RB who knows the system would be huge.  If they add a QB before the 5 days are up I'd say let him walk, draft a back late and maybe sign a vet.  If they don't add a QB then you have to decide if he's worth it at 4.5M a year.

Edit - I'm reading that Miami front loaded the contract which means CJ is likely done in Denver.  The same article mentioned how much cap space Denver has which seems about right after the cuts they made the OL they signed from KC.  They'll need Clady and Ware to definitely restructure their contracts to give them some more wiggle room.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat