• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016 NFL Free Agency

nando714

I guess we can talk about it here

I want my cardinals to get pass rush help and maybe a CB #2 type opposite Peterson. Not sure which they'll pursue in FA or the draft

I think players can start signing March 9th

Edited by nando714

RGIII to the Rams is my guess, too.

Houston making a strong push for Brock Osweiler. 

Jets and Fitzpatrick far apart on a contract. Fitz expected to hit the market.

Chris Long will meet with the Redskins first.

I want the Chargers to make a strong push for Alex Mack. They just freed up $8 mill by releasing Brown and Butler. 

The Broncos entire starting DL plus their best ILB are FAs. I hope they'll at least re-sign Wolfe and Travathan. Jackson is gonna cost too much. And please please please find a RT who can pass block.

They extended Wolfe during the playoffs he isn't going anywhere.  They franchised Von Miller and supposedly made an offer to Jackson but I don't think he stays in Denver because he wants more money and someone will probably give it to him.  I think Ware could be a cap cut but that's pure speculation on my part and haven't heard much about him.

I would absolutely love is Osweiler lands with the Rams the Broncos would be screwed lol

I think they lowed balled him with a 3 yr 45m offer someone will outbid that

I don't think making someone the 21st highest paid QB in the NFL in terms of per year average when he's started all of 8 games in the NFL is a low ball offer.  It's a 3 year deal that would allow him to return to a team that can make the playoffs, has weapons for him on offense and he would be a FA in his prime years and could further cash in then.  I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up elsewhere for more money but I wouldn't blame the Broncos given what they offered.  You definitely need at least a game manager at QB to compete in the NFL but Brock hasn't shown enough to warrant big money yet.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

Someone will overpay for Brock. If his agent is smart he will use other teams to get a higher offer from Denver.

Matt Flynn found 20-26m over 3 years for ONE game. Imagine what Brock could find. I think he will end up with more than 45m over 3 years even if he does go back to Denver

Edited by nando714

Matt Flynn was a terrible overpay and when reading the comments section for an article discussing the offer Denver made to Osweiler the Flynn signing was a reason not to overpay that came up.  Like I said I don't disagree that someone will overpay I just hope it isn't Denver.  Osweiler looked competent but still has a lot to prove and was ranked 25th out of 34 qualified QB's last year as far as rating goes.  Going 5-2 as a starter was as much a function of the defense giving up 18 points a game during the stretch as it was anything he did.  With Manning retiring Denver has about 17M in cap space currently with Von Miller on the books at the franchise tag rate but that could and hopefully will change if he's signed long term.  They're going to have to get creative and make some cuts in order to sign Osweiler and fill other needs.    

Would love to see the Rams sign Alex Mack, their incumbent/FA center was meh this past season.

Mack would bring some stability to a vastly improving OL while improving a weak spot ©, and maybe even finally prod Greg Robinson to play up to his #2 overall pick potential. 

Besides, a Mack on the OL would complete the transition back to the Coliseum days (Tom Mack).

Now that Tre Mason seemingly decided to lose his mind, I guess a backup RB is in order too, although Cunningham was decent a year ago after replacing Mason as the #2 guy in the 2nd half of the season. 

RGIII hasn't played since 2014, and for only 9 games that season.   Will he ever be healthy again?

They extended Wolfe during the playoffs he isn't going anywhere.  They franchised Von Miller and supposedly made an offer to Jackson but I don't think he stays in Denver because he wants more money and someone will probably give it to him.  I think Ware could be a cap cut but that's pure speculation on my part and haven't heard much about him.

Barrett and Ray played well enough that I think they can let Ware go.

Best players?  They signed Julius Thomas last year for more than he was worth and they're signing Jackson for 15M a year with 42M guaranteed.  I have nothing against Jackson and expected him to take more money to play elsewhere but he benefited big time from the players around him and won't have that luxury in Jacksonville.  I'm not saying he's easily replaceable in Denver but for what he signed I'm glad it wasn't with Denver and the reality is it wasn't going to be because of their cap situation and needs.    

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/03/09/will-demarcus-ware-ryan-clady-take-pay-cut-broncos-nfl-free-agency/

Clady and Ware are both expected to stay in Denver while restructuring their contracts to reduce their cap hit.  With the other cuts Denver made (Vasquez, Daniels) they have at least 25M in cap space to get a QB, maybe bring back Trevathan and add pieces to the O and D lines.