• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/sports/baseball/cleveland-indians-baseball-name-change.html

Well.  Thanks for waiting until after the election?  Then again, it’s gay shit like this that’s gonna get Trump or a clone elected in 2024.  For what?  To save the feelings of 10% of native Americans who, to be frank, have a lot of other shit they need to deal with than some baseball team name.  

But, awesome, let’s put our democracy at risk again so Runs With Rolling Rock doesn’t get his feelings hurt.

Guilt ridden white people are offended by teams names more so than actual Native Americans image.jpeg

Edited by Jason

6 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Where does it stop?  I assume the Braves are next.  

What about the Padres, who oppressed and murdered the indigenous people of California.  What about the Rangers?

Shit, you could make a panties in a bunch argument the Angels name is offensive.

Long Beach State even dropped 49ers...

Cal State LA used to be the Diablos and now they’re the Golden Eagles.

22 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Where does it stop?  I assume the Braves are next.  

What about the Padres, who oppressed and murdered the indigenous people of California.  What about the Rangers?

Shit, you could make a panties in a bunch argument the Angels name is offensive.

I don't know. It doesn't bother me but I doubt you can name yourselves after any group of humans and not be linked to the death and destruction of another group of humans. I guess we can use some more Tigers, Wildcats, and Bulldogs

1. Team changes name.

2. White 40+ males throw a tantrum.

3. Team makes a fortune selling new apparel.

4. People stop caring and move on.

5. Another team changes their name.

6. Repeat steps 1-5.

Remember when people got all pissed because the DL became the IL? Now nobody cares.

7 hours ago, T.G. said:

Long Beach State even dropped 49ers...

I didn't know this. I guess they changed it in 2018.

Now they are the Long Beach State Beach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Beach_State_Beach

In spring 2018, the school's previous mascot, "Prospector Pete", was retired. On May 10, 2019, the school announced that its new mascot will be a shark, although there are no current plans for the school to be officially known as the "Sharks".