• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

[hey mtangelsfan] How Bernie pays for his proposals

roads are essential and paid for by car registration

high schools are essential and paid for by income tax

police are paid for by income and sales tax

none of it is free.  college education is not essential and tuition costs can be earned by the person attending college.

Great job missing the point.

1 - Tell that to the job market

2 - I give you this graph:

Higher%20Ed%20Inflation-thumb-525x397.jp

you still don't get it.

of course a college education leads to making more money.  you have to work for it.  it is not essential though, you can still get a job without it.  if you want one, earn the money to go to college, get a degree and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

AFL you still haven't explained why high income earners should pay more more to me. Let's say I make $200k and you make $100k, I'm already paying twice as much as you. Why should I have to pay twice plus you plus a bonus 3-5% just because others aren't successful. Explain to me how that makes sense. I'm already paying for the roads and the schools, probably more for the schools sense I'm probably in a more expensive house that has higher property taxes.

AFL you still haven't explained why high income earners should pay more more to me. Let's say I make $200k and you make $100k, I'm already paying twice as much as you. Why should I have to pay twice plus you plus a bonus 3-5% just because others aren't successful. Explain to me how that makes sense. I'm already paying for the roads and the schools, probably more for the schools sense I'm probably in a more expensive house that has higher property taxes.

I don't have a great answer for you.

Higher earners go in higher tax brackets. That's just how it works.

I'll gladly trade places and pay more taxes, no questions asked. Where do I sign up?

Nothing is free as somebody somewhere is always paying for services provided.  A more educated society doesn't necessarily correlate to better or more jobs as it's based on supply and demand.  Some of the lack of wage growth is due to the rest of the world catching up to the US who had major advantages after WW2 when Europe was in shambles. 

I do,

Do you not understand that a more well educated society is good for everyone?

Again you don't get it.

First of all, where are you going to find all of the new well qualified teachers, real estate, etc to build thousands of new colleges?

If you don't then you are increasing class sizes to such a rate that it would be impossible to educate.

You are then diluting the quality of education so much it becomes nearly worthless

Now nobody is getting a quality education

You are delaying everyone's entry into the workforce by four years, even for jobs that do not require a college education

Congrats, you just ruined the economy and the college education system in the country.

I work for a company with a $42B market cap.  The number of people working here without a college degree and making over $100k would make your head spin.  

College degrees are great for some people.  They're even essential for some jobs.  But they're not required to make a good living in this country.

And if you feel you need a college degree to get to where you're going ... great!  Go earn it!  

As I've said before, I'm even open to giving people a tuition free education if they're willing to give back.  The military was discussed.  Join the Peace Corp.  Be a teacher in lower income areas.  Something.  Just earn it.  

Again you don't get it.

First of all, where are you going to find all of the new well qualified teachers, real estate, etc to build thousands of new colleges?

If you don't then you are increasing class sizes to such a rate that it would be impossible to educate.

You are then diluting the quality of education so much it becomes nearly worthless

Now nobody is getting a quality education

You are delaying everyone's entry into the workforce by four years, even for jobs that do not require a college education

Congrats, you just ruined the economy and the college education system in the country.

That's impressively pessimistic.