• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weaver in best shape of his life...sort of

Angelsjunky

If he can he will be good if he can't this will be his last year in baseball.

Agreed.  I really hope he can because he is still baseball young and I'd like to see him have some more years in baseball even if it is on a different team.  Nobody can match his heart and desire.

Edited by VariousCrap

This will be a telling year for Weave.  If there is something to be figured out, and he's actually hit upon and addressed it, then he could end up being the difference between an Angel team that wins 85-or-so games and an Angel team that makes the post-season.  He might also figure out a way to pitch effectively into his late 30s, hopefully for the Angels.

Of course, if it turns out that his decline was irreversible and led to 2016 being his final big league season, at least in an Angels' uniform, then he'll still rightly be remembered as a Halo great who fought until the end and who truly wanted to be here.  There are few players I respect as much, and none I respect more.

According to many an this board Weaver shouldn't even be given a shot at the rotation and the Angels are stupid by holding back their great pitching prospects for him.