• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you going to Opening Day vs. the Cubs?

halobob

Are you attending opening day vs. Cubs?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to be at Angels Stadium opening day to watch the Halos take on the Cubbies?

• Yes
    • No

And for the record, if the Angels do poorly this season, it will mean I will go to more games this year than I am planning because of all the great deals that will be on Angels Ticket Exchange and StubHub.

Of course, I will be watching every game on TV that I'm home for even if they suck.

I won't argue that Arte only cares about seats sold because that appears to be the case since he took away the ease of Stubhub from his season seat holders. What I will question is the logic behind that business model. I've posted stats on here recently saying the average fan spends $50 a game on ticket and concessions. Well his average ticket is around $18, so why would he be happy with so much untapped revenue of people buying but not using the tickets?

I got 2 $50 seats in 428 for Opening day, but other than that Trout Wallclimber thingy I probably wont spring for another individual ticket purchase through the team/ticketbastard.

I got 20 freedom vouchers for $110 and will likely move down into better seats for most of those games as they don't fill up.

Cheap, but it makes things very affordable that way.

If Arte can go cheap so can I.

Edited by ELEVEN

I've shared this on here a few times but my sons are 22 and 16 and they've never missed an opening day. Now I say I have made it to 23 consecutive it could be more like 24 or 25 I just don't recall before they were born. The crazy part is my 16 year old was born on 3/29/99, he went to his first opening day on April 6th as a one week old baby.

Nice. My dad took me to my first game when I was 2 weeks old in 1986 to the last game the angels won against Boston in the championship series.

I got 2 $50 seats in 428 for Opening day, but other than that Trout Wallclimber thingy I probably wont spring for another individual ticket purchase through the team/ticketbastard.

I got 20 freedom vouchers for $110 and will likely move down into better seats for most of those games as they don't fill up.

Cheap, but it makes things very affordable that way.

If Arte can go cheap so can I.

Are you platooning those tickets with other fans?

I remember the huge ticket rush when we signed Pujols. What happened to that crowd? He's still here but I guess the honeymoon is over.

that happens to every team when they sign a big-time free agent. 

And 1 month ago:

"The team recently passed the 16,000 mark for the sale of full-season equivalents, which include full-season tickets and the number of tickets sold in mini-plans that add up to 81 games. About 90% of season-ticket holders from 2015 have renewed their seats for 2016, Mead said."