• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you going to Opening Day vs. the Cubs?

halobob

Are you attending opening day vs. Cubs?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to be at Angels Stadium opening day to watch the Halos take on the Cubbies?

• Yes
    • No

Just curious how many people are going to opening night vs. the Cubs.  I'm for one am really curious to see how they play against the Cubs so I'll be there.  Prices from the Angels look pretty reasonable in the presale today ($20+tm fees to get in):

http://www.ticketmaster.com/los-angeles-angels-vs-chicago-cubs-anaheim-california-04-04-2016/event/09004F50E6175414?artistid=805892&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=10

PW LARUEA

I've shared this on here a few times but my sons are 22 and 16 and they've never missed an opening day. Now I say I have made it to 23 consecutive it could be more like 24 or 25 I just don't recall before they were born. The crazy part is my 16 year old was born on 3/29/99, he went to his first opening day on April 6th as a one week old baby.

I would love to be there on opening day but this season I can't. I'm pretty envious of those will be able to and somewhat disgusted in others that would refuse to go as some sort of a boycott.

Yea, I wouldn't boycott opening day. Hell I won't boycott not going to the games, just won't be season seats for now.

I will be there for my first opener since 2001 when I walked up to my seats in the back of the upper deck about 6 hours after having abdominal hernia surgery. Had a fairly good buzz going that night.

Got 2 tix earlier today. Can't wait!

Edited by ELEVEN

If Arte's not into strategic spending in support of the team, neither am I.

Do you like baseball? Can you make the game that day? Can you easily afford it?

If you can answer yes to all three then go, opening day is the best game of the regular season.

The end game here is getting what you want out of baseball and not what you expect to get out of the owner. Otherwise you are just punishing yourself.

Edited by notti

I don't get the boycott stuff. I love baseball. If I could go to every game I would. The end

There is no boycott. The guys on here saying they aren't going to go to games weren't going to go to games regardless. My "boycott" was to not spend $8k on season seats. I'll still go to some games just won't be going to 30-35 games a season. I'll still watch every game I'm capable of.

Season ticket holder or not you will still be included in the 3 million fan count this season.

Thank you,

Arte Moreno

If I wasn't so lazy I'd find all those posts you had calling out Arte last year for everything including the thought he wasn't going to get 3 million fans. Then I would also post where you said it wasn't really 3 million fans and that Arte was playing with the numbers. Consistency is not Claude's friend.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd find all those posts you had calling out Arte last year for everything including the thought he wasn't going to get 3 million fans. Then I would also post where you said it wasn't really 3 million fans and that Arte was playing with the numbers. Consistency is not Claude's friend.

Strad I made it perfectly clear that 3 million tickets are paid for but 3 million fans did not go through the turnstiles. Many company's and corporations buy tickets and eat them. I know a rep at COSCO that has 4 nice seats on the field level 3rd base side and he can't find people to give them to if its not a giveaway game. Angels fans are mostly casual fans that really don't care about anything more than Mike Trout, the Rally Monkey and whatever they're giving away. I've sat in RF many evenings with tons of empty seats. Many fans show up in the 2nd inning and leave after the Angels bat in the 7th.

They barely passed the 3 million mark last season.  If this team doesn't perform well this year, they won't hit 3 million.  Fans want to pay to watch a team win not lose.