• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

I agree that state schools should be cheaper. If you are so dumb your rich parents have to send you to USC, then $30K/year is fair.

And I went to a school for undergrad that didn't even give grades and I was offered 100% scholarships to multiple law schools based on my LSAT. The LSAT didn't know my ethnicity. The schools didn't know my ethnicity. I went to JC for 2.5 years while working part-time and a UC school for 2. I saved my dad probably $20K by going to JC those two years (which was practically free) and saved myself about $40K by getting a smaller scholarship to the law school I ended up going to.

Other than the fact I used a condom (or pulled out and don't have super sperm like blacks and Mexicans) during those periods, how was I more advantaged for being white? (Other than my dad helping the two years at the UC school).

I screwed up and had just girls.  If I had boys they would have gone straight to a trade school. I just didn't want my daughters going to trade school coming home in coveralls and a toothpick in their mouth wanting to be called butch. 

Part of the problem is the wages do not keep up with the costs.  I know all you here came right out of college and went straight to a 6 or 7 figure salary your first year.  I went to school and didn't live on campus working.  I got an accounting degree nobody knows why but wanted something business related.  It probably cost me around 12 to 15 k for the four years and I just did it as maybe that is worth the investment.  I was making $75k a year managing an auto body shop and a big 10 firm at the time would have paid me $35k to start.  I never used the degree.

My oldest daughter just got her first job.  Take my 12 or 15k and times by 10.  She has a degree in marketing advertising and got a job in uptown Dallas at a small firm.  google is one of their customers.  She started at $40k. 

Point is they are not all dumbasses but it costs 10 times the amount to get a degree for the same starting pay as it did years and years ago. 

Let me post some articles about Americans dying in the streets and in their homes, and even in the ER because they can't see a doctor and can't afford insurance

Or all of the people who get a minor injury and it turns into an infection because they can't get treatment. Or all of the homeless and sickly seniors digging through your garbage can.

Its like $6500/year to go to a Cal State

That isn't bad. A big part of the costs are from not living at home and in a lot if cases going to a different state.  It is hard telling your kids you have to live at home and go to school, which you really want rid of them at that point anyway.  My kids always got scholarship money for their grades and SAT scores but usually going out of state they just hid that inside the out of state tuition.  I don't believe in free school but make the out of state tuition more easy.  There are ways.

I know that this was directed to MT, but my POV is that the majority of people seeking elected office are generally bad guys and gals. They're generally not innovative, fiscally responsible or operationally efficient. They're lawyers, academics and military folks. Those are fine, important professions, but generally too specific to prepare them for the responsibilities of efficient government.

The people we elect and the people attracted to work for the government are too often corrupt and inefficient.

Certainly, there are many viable ideas out there, but I have no faith they can be executed. 

I agree, but....now what? We're still left with the choice: either you vote for the "lesser evil" or you don't vote, which is a vote in its own right.

Actually, this is the first time I've felt that the guy I'm voting for is not corrupt and not a shill for corporate interests, and is actually an honest man who gives a shit about people. He may not be efficient--we won't know until he's given a shot--but at least he's real (I think/hope).

Stupidity isn't a good excuse.  I used to work at a grocery store and people on food stamps would buy the worst possible food simply because they got more for their money.  Never mind the fact it was all processed garbage and no wonder why their multiple kids were overweight to grossly overweight.  WIC at least requires people to buy certain foods.  You want to call it a lack of education and I'd say most were just too lazy to bother buying things that would require them to actually prepare a meal.    

I worked at a grocery store many years ago and remember being shocked by how bad the food on the WIC list was. Maybe it has changed - I hope.

Giving people information and education are two different things - the former is just a small part of the latter.

I worked at a grocery store many years ago and remember being shocked by how bad the food on the WIC list was. Maybe it has changed - I hope.

Giving people information and education are two different things - the former is just a small part of the latter.

I worked at a grocery store until 2002 and even then WIC was milk, cereal, cheese, etc.  The cereal couldn't be the sugar filled crap and the cheese wasn't 'cheese product' it was actual cheese.  People on WIC either didn't pay attention or didn't care and regularly tried to get the crap that didn't qualify which we had to take back while holding up the line.  Since then the list seems only to have grown:

http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/wic-food-packages-regulatory-requirements-wic-eligible-foods 

Not sure when you worked at a store or if you're confusing it with something else like food stamps but my understanding has been there's always been nutritional requirements.  I don't recall anyone on WIC buying sugar filled cereal or over processed crap but food stamps were a different story.  

This is exactly why I haven't given a shit about politics until this election cycle, it's been nothing but the same old same old.

Sanders comes off as the first genuine good politician of my short life. He has consistently fought for equal rights for all since, like, the 70s. He truly believes what he says and will try like hell to get it done.

He hasn't fought for equal rights, he has fought for everyone being equal no matter how hard they work and produce for society.  

I don't like the single payer system because it promotes treating patients in the most cost effective way as possible rather than the best treatment possible.  I also don't like the idea of not having a choice in what health care I can receive.  I agree that the current system is flawed but what system in our government isn't flawed?  Single payer would definitely have flaws as many have already pointed out.  My only solution to the problem (and I have no idea if it would work) is that med schools have a training portion where the students have to work in hospitals for people that are on government insurance.  That way if you want free care is there for those who need it and people who want to buy insurance plans that cover fully credential doctors would be able to buy a plan for what is theoretically better care.  

Let me post some articles about Americans dying in the streets and in their homes, and even in the ER because they can't see a doctor and can't afford insurance

Or all of the people who get a minor injury and it turns into an infection because they can't get treatment. Or all of the homeless and sickly seniors digging through your garbage can.

When you go to the ER they have to treat you and are not allowed to ask for your insurance info until you are being discharged.  

Sweet, 6.2% increase to my taxes, he can go **** himself. 6%, how bout no ****ing way. Hey I guess my 16 year old can get free college, so I can pocket the $30k I've been saving a college fund the last 16 years.

Basically it means, if you're rich its gonna be harder to get richer but everyone beside you will benefit

Republicans HATE him!

What do you consider rich? Also rich people earned their money no different than middle class earned their money, why should they pay more? But I honestly wonder what you consider rich in Southern California.

What do you consider rich? Also rich people earned their money no different than middle class earned their money, why should they pay more? But I honestly wonder what you consider rich in Southern California.

This is what makes it so hard to make tax brackets.  What is rich in most parts of America is definitely not rich in NY, CHI, So Cal, SF.  Especially when you factor in people in those 4 places are getting taxed even more on the state/local levels than many other parts of America.  

Only a rich guy would ask those questions