• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

Places like what?  Seriously.  people who try to compare the U.S. with places like Sweden make me laugh.  The two places couldn't be more different.  One is basically one ethnicity.  One has hundreds of ethnic backgrounds in the hundreds of thousands if not millions. 

The U.S. is third in population with 323 million people.  Sweden is 90th with 10 million while Norway, the place progressives love to point to has 5 million people.

83% of Norwegians are slavic.  85% of Swedes are.

Here is another one...this one's even better.

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/fund-reports/2014/jun/mirror-mirror

I never, ever watch fox news.

your inability to get that people who don't think the way you do may actually come to those positions with thought and reason is really frustrating.  Its why you come off as so arrogant.

I know you don't. I actually know you're smarter than that.

I can see why you'd think this was the case, but its also a message board so everything is exaggerated. I completely realize that there are many people in this world that are smarter than me, and that there are valid perspectives that disagree with my own. I come off stronger in this context because this forum is a bit right-leaning and very libertarian, and I have a perhaps adolescent streak of the contrarian.

I'm fairly certain, mt, that you and I would enjoy shooting the shit with a beer or two.

Adam not like literature. Adam not like fancy art. Adam like Chucky Cheese.

Poor Adam.

Uh-huh.

Adam isn't capable of actual discussion, only not-funny one-liners and evasions.

Beautiful!

I have a history degree with an English minor.  Chuck E. Cheese, you elitist asshat.

Your last statement is incomplete. I am not capable of actual discussion...with foolish jagbags. 

The argument isn't whether health costs are too high.  Pretty much everyone understands that.

How to change/fix is the big question.  

Yeah, I agree. But the country's fiscal policies have moved more and more to the right, and the middle class continues to shrink and decline, cost of living goes up, etc.

So maybe its time to try something different.

Places like what?  Seriously.  people who try to compare the U.S. with places like Sweden make me laugh.  The two places couldn't be more different.  One is basically one ethnicity.  One has hundreds of ethnic backgrounds in the hundreds of thousands if not millions. 

The U.S. is third in population with 323 million people.  Sweden is 90th with 10 million while Norway, the place progressives love to point to has 5 million people.

83% of Norwegians are slavic.  85% of Swedes are.

I never thought it that way. Maybe single payer is ridiculous in this country, especially given the unhealthy lifestyle of the US. I want single payer but I also want Americans to be more responsible about their health. There may be no way to have one without the other.

mt, are you at least open to the possibility that single-payer healthcare could be a viable idea? Or is it wrong from the get-go, and you're completely closed to the idea?

I know that this was directed to MT, but my POV is that the majority of people seeking elected office are generally bad guys and gals. They're generally not innovative, fiscally responsible or operationally efficient. They're lawyers, academics and military folks. Those are fine, important professions, but generally too specific to prepare them for the responsibilities of efficient government.

The people we elect and the people attracted to work for the government are too often corrupt and inefficient.

Certainly, there are many viable ideas out there, but I have no faith they can be executed. 

I never thought it that way. Maybe single payer is ridiculous in this country, especially given the unhealthy lifestyle of the US. I want single payer but I also want Americans to be more responsible about their health. There may be no way to have one without the other.

It is a good point and an important part of the conversation. But this has a lot to do with education. People are really, really stupid in this country about food.

I know that this was directed to MT, but my POV is that the majority of people seeking elected office are generally bad guys and gals. They're generally not innovative, fiscally responsible or operationally efficient. They're lawyers, academics and military folks. Those are fine, important professions, but generally too specific to prepare them for the responsibilities of efficient government.

The people we elect and the people attracted to work for the government are too often corrupt and inefficient.

Certainly, there are many viable ideas out there, but I have no faith they can be executed. 

This is exactly why I haven't given a shit about politics until this election cycle, it's been nothing but the same old same old.

Sanders comes off as the first genuine good politician of my short life. He has consistently fought for equal rights for all since, like, the 70s. He truly believes what he says and will try like hell to get it done.

It is a good point and an important part of the conversation. But this has a lot to do with education. People are really, really stupid in this country about food.

Stupidity isn't a good excuse.  I used to work at a grocery store and people on food stamps would buy the worst possible food simply because they got more for their money.  Never mind the fact it was all processed garbage and no wonder why their multiple kids were overweight to grossly overweight.  WIC at least requires people to buy certain foods.  You want to call it a lack of education and I'd say most were just too lazy to bother buying things that would require them to actually prepare a meal.    

Sanders comes off as the first genuine good politician of my short life. He has consistently fought for equal rights for all since, like, the 70s. He truly believes what he says and will try like hell to get it done.

Call me cynical, but I doubt the sincerity of anyone who's held office for as long as he has and continues to seek power. I'll agree that his message is different and there is a freshness about it, but behind that message (I'm drawing my own conclusions here) is a dude who likes power and prestige. 

All the the information is out there and freely available instantly. Stress, nutrition, exercise, rest...everyone is bombarded with the information online and on tv every day. I don't think education is the problem. 

All the the information is out there and freely available instantly. Stress, nutrition, exercise, rest...everyone is bombarded with the information online and on tv every day. I don't think education is the problem. 

People don't give a ****. Let them die

mt, are you at least open to the possibility that single-payer healthcare could be a viable idea? Or is it wrong from the get-go, and you're completely closed to the idea?

In a perfect world?  Maybe.  I just don't think our government's record of programs is very good.  I also, as I have already stated, loathe the income tax.  Find another way to pay for it and we'll talk.

I was reading up some on ole Berner here and we all know libs hate the military and cons just scream off mountain tops thanks for all you do.  Guy has tried passing more bills for vets care than anyone and the GOP shuts every one down.  

After all, why do they need the money proposed for veteran care when it can go right to a contractor who will scrap equipment in a pile and their croney companies can just bill for more. 

GOP really has their cons conned.