• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

If true, my family would get hosed. Hopefully I don't have to vote for Hillary. That would suck. 

capital gains - what does that mean in practical terms? is it the same as an inheritance? 

Basically it means, if you're rich its gonna be harder to get richer but everyone beside you will benefit

Republicans HATE him!

bullcrap.  young, healthy people will get screwed.  The middle class will get screwed.  Look at the numbers.  If you think making 75K makes I don't know what to say.

My taxes would increase.. 

Most people's would. However:

99% of us would also save a bunch more in costs at the end of the day due to dumping expensive insurance premiums. I pay $7,800 per year for my families health insurance premium (which is sadly, pretty good for a family of four I think). That would fall drastically while taxes go up minimally, resulting in a net savings. I don't get why people just skip over this fact when talking about Sanders' Taxes. Unless you make 500k, in which case, sorry. I feel no sympathy for you. I don't care about keeping the greedy 1% happy while the 99% suffer.

By the way, businesses would save a lot of money by ditching the insurance companies also, FYI. Health Insurance companies are such an unnecessary evil.

99% of us would also save a bunch more in costs at the end of the day due to dumping expensive insurance premiums. I pay $7,800 per year for my families health insurance premium (which is sadly, pretty good for a family of four I think). That would fall drastically while taxes go up minimally, resulting in a net savings. I don't get why people just skip over this fact when talking about Sanders' Taxes. Unless you make 500k, in which case, sorry. I feel no sympathy for you. I don't care about keeping the greedy 1% happy while the 99% suffer.

By the way, businesses would save a lot of money by ditching the insurance companies also, FYI. Health Insurance companies are such an unnecessary evil.

Meanwhile, in reality...

except, of course, for the insurance companies.  let us not forget that if it wasn't for government meddling there would be much less cost in medical care and insurance.

I constantly hear other countries' citizens talking about how screwed US citizens get on healthcare.

It's not a pipe dream.

Places like what?  Seriously.  people who try to compare the U.S. with places like Sweden make me laugh.  The two places couldn't be more different.  One is basically one ethnicity.  One has hundreds of ethnic backgrounds in the hundreds of thousands if not millions. 

The U.S. is third in population with 323 million people.  Sweden is 90th with 10 million while Norway, the place progressives love to point to has 5 million people.

83% of Norwegians are slavic.  85% of Swedes are.

Edited by mtangelsfan

Comparing the US healthcare system to that of some of the other countries is apples to oranges as mentioned.  Also if you think the federal government is the fix as opposed to private company when it comes to insurance you're sniffling glue.  Government involvement and inefficiencies is one of the biggest drawbacks to anything the government gets involved in.  They create multiple agencies or departments some of which end up regulating the same thing twice and generally ineffectively while wasting taxpayer dollars.  Here's my problem with Bernie's plan or anyone else's for that matter who wants to raise taxes - cut spending before you talk about raising taxes.  I'm not in favor of giving the feds or state even one more $0.01 because they'll piss it away and still want more.  Every time some candidate comes out and says we're going to cut the deficit and deal with the debt it ends up being BS.  

A basic liberal arts or humanities degree is almost worthless as it is. 

Adam not like literature. Adam not like fancy art. Adam like Chucky Cheese.

My taxes would increase.. 

Poor Adam.

Meanwhile, in reality...

Uh-huh.

Bring me back to reality then.

Adam isn't capable of actual discussion, only not-funny one-liners and evasions.