• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Enjoy an ad-free experience at AngelsWin.com

Chuck

I take this post as evidence that AdBlockers are killing online publishers.

Yep, which is why most of them are going toward membership fees. 

I do not ever want to go this route unless I have to. The Orioles Hangout forum has been charging $24 a year for quite some time now. 

Check out their "perks" as to why members should pay. Sounds familiar huh?

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/announcement.php?s=60ffedd23e7369e2c51dd10e12416e69&f=2

Yep, which is why most of them are going toward membership fees. 

I do not ever want to go this route unless I have to. The Orioles Hangout forum has been charging $24 a year for quite some time now. 

Check out their "perks" as to why members should pay. Sounds familiar huh?

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/announcement.php?s=60ffedd23e7369e2c51dd10e12416e69&f=2

13. Don't openly complain about the moderation or how this board is run. You can always contact us personally to voice concerns, but quite simply, if you don't like the way the board is run, you are free to go elsewhere.

Bwhahahahhahaha!!!!!!    Site over~

Hell, I might pay 36 bucks a year to vote on MODS on an annual basis......  :rolleyes:

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

13. Don't openly complain about the moderation or how this board is run. You can always contact us personally to voice concerns, but quite simply, if you don't like the way the board is run, you are free to go elsewhere.

And people think we run a tight ship. Ha! 

Hell, I might pay 36 bucks a year to vote on MODS on an annual basis......  :rolleyes:

3. Proper capitalization and punctuation will be used on all posts. We understand a typo, but constant abuse of this rule could result in an infraction or banning.

No. 3 has always bugged me the most. Especially proper capitalization for thread titles. I've been fixing those for years on here. 

I wanted to say thank you to the members & non members who have sent $$ in as a donation but wanted to keep ads on.

There were some that I assume just read/lurk here but do not post as I couldn't find a member name associated with your email address in my forum's database.  

Anyhow.... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! 

On 2/2/2016 at 5:16 PM, Chuckster70 said:

AngelsWin.com Members,

I know that ads are a big pain in the ass for some of you, but it's a way that us independent fan site owners can generate revenue stream so that we can pay for the website expenses that rack up over the entire calendar year. AngelsWin.com costs around a grand a year now after moving totally away from my previous hosting domain 3 years ago. That was a good gig in that the hosting owner was a good friend of mine and ex colleague, and CEO of the company I used to work for. Since then all expenses are paid for by ME via ad money that is earned.

That said, I have good news! Over the weekend (and after some finishing touches over the past couple days) I've implemented a way on the back end to make ads invisible to your account by paying for two different options (see below) so that you will no longer be inundated with ads throughout forum pages going forward.  

If ads do not bother you but you wish you contribute to a place you've called your online home as an Angels fan, you can think of this as a membership subscription or donation by choosing either option below for all of the website content that's provided here & forum discussions which is available 24x7365 year round.  if you wish to keep the ads running while logged in under your accounts after making such a donation, please let me know. I know a couple people who have BETA tested this for me have already went that route. 

My mods, writers & board of directors are not encouraged to donate since they have given much of their time toward making this forum & website what it is today! 

Here is info on our subscription options and how to pay: 

$26.03 - One Year with no ads on the forum - Send to: charlesrichter@hotmail.com 

$103.20 - Lifetime of no ads on the forum - Send to: charlesrichter@hotmail.com 

If you're buying the year package make sure you add $1.03 for the PayPal fee and if you're purchasing the lifetime package please add $3.20.

If you have money in your PayPal there are no fees on either side. FYI.

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 4.29.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 4.29.08 PM.png

If you do not do PayPal, you can PM me and I'll provide you my shipping address to mail a check. Once payment is processed you will immediately be moved into the new Ad Exempt Group and will no longer see ads on the forum while in the full version of this website. Note: The homepage & Blog will continue to run ads, but all of our articles & content are published here on the forum.

Regarding the use of Ad Blocker. If you use this browser plugin because you absolutely hate viewing ads, not just here, but other websites, you should definitely choose either option of payment if you're a power user or someone who frequents the website often, but does not post. I would like to stay away from a mandatory membership here if I can, but if I have to I will go that route. All of those who have paid for either subscription will be grandfathered in and not have to pay membership fees. 

Please let me know if you have any questions

Updated! Please remember the PayPal fees for future purchases. 

• Chuck pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...