• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Second Fridge Needed For Garage

Adam

• 1 month later...

I ended up buying a refurb from the Sears outlets online.

My in-laws watch my kids all week and bring a lot of their own food over. 2nd fridge has been a Godsend. 

I've got a mini in my office, Red. It is pretty tight. 

I've thought about doing this.

What stuff do you keep in there?

Is it more for like bulk freezing stuff, or do you go to it every day?

Our kitchen fridge is a side-by-side, whoever thought that is a good design is an idiot. But it came with the house and we haven't replaced it yet.  Side by sides are bad because you can't put anything large in the fridge, like a turkey in a roasting pan.

The garage fridge is smaller than the kitchen fridge, but it is a top-freezer type. Most of the time I keep beer in there, and some other cold drinks.  We use the extra freezer space when the kitchen freezer is full or for longer-term freezing.  The garage fridge comes in handy during the holidays when you are entertaining or preparing large meals.  You can defrost a turkey in there for a few days without impacting your kitchen space.

The downside to the garage fridge is it hits your electric bill pretty hard.  But if we had only the one fridge in the kitchen it would be jammed and there would be no room for beer.

Ah got it - smart.

It's sounds ideal for parties and holidays.

My crib is the top level of a building, so it's 3 floors down to the garage.

I wouldn't want to have to walk down every day for stuff, but for just overage and bulk cold/frozen items it seems like a good idea.

I put huge 2' wide wine column in my kitchen to get bottles out of the fridge - so that handles wine/champagne bottles.

But doesn't do anything for beer or bulk items or freezing or defrosting like you said.

Agreed those side by side fridge/freezers can suck. There was one here too when I bought the place but I tossed it.

Adding to the electrical bill would be no fun though.

Edited by mrwicked

I've thought about doing this.

What stuff do you keep in there?

Is it more for like bulk freezing stuff, or do you go to it every day

Mostly keep the bulk buys from costco in there. Milk for my son, yogurt, eggs. I buy a lot of that crap. Beer too. 

Bulk frozen items in freezer - chicken breasts, turkey, steak, etc.

• 3 years later...
On 1/25/2016 at 12:58 PM, Adam said:

Looking for a fridge/freezer combo for my garage. Aesthetics don't matter.

Obviously, looking for one as close to my house as possible. I'm in Mission Viejo. 

Has the increasing number of dead bodies required additional fridge purchases over the years?

Also, did you manage to get some BBQ while you were here?

It’s has been great!!! Have a freezer full of meat. Ready to grill this summer!

i had Rudy’s at one of my meetings and we went to coopers on Tuesday night. Both ok but not great.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...