• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Rams thread

Angel Oracle

14 hours ago, Blarg said:

Losing draft picks is going to force the Rams into an unsustainable free agent cycle. I suspect their success is going to diminish quickly without cheap college picks. 

I generally agree with this. I think the trade was necessary. Getting Goff off of the books was always going to be expensive in terms of wasted time or draft capital. I like this move, It'll open up the offense downfield more consistently in a way Goff just couldn't do regularly. That will help Akers and the running game, which is already solid. They just need to make sure they can keep Stafford on his feet and off of the injury report.

I do think the loss of the first rounders is mitigated a bit by how good the Rams have generally been at finding good 2nd- and 3rd-round talent (Kupp, Akers, Fuller). I hope they can find a couple of good O-linemen there this time around. They'll need them.

Lions fan checking in.  Pretty divided feelings. 

Stafford was quite often the only reason for me to watch what i knew to be a lost cause.  He undoubtedly has arm talent that places him in the top few guys in the league.  Unfortunately he was often saddled with poor scheme fits, bad offensive lines, bad running backs, and flat out terrible defenses.   I love watching him play, but understand his desire to play for a contender.

That said, i think the trade was probably a good thing for Detroit.  Injuries have really piled up on Stafford lately, and the team showed no ability to compete when he was out.  A teardown needed to happen, as the Boston clowns gutted what talent was there.  Goff has his warts, but has shown good things in the past.  Money is similar, but the 3 picks headed to Detroit are huge.  

Trade really looks like the rare win-win.  You will love Stafford for the amazing things he can do.  You will cringe a few times a game when he holds the ball way too long and makes inexplicable throws to the wrong colored shirt. 

I want him to win a super bowl, but that f's up the aforementioned draft picks.  So I will root for the Lions, root for Stafford, and be torn.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

AD winning Defensive POTY. Deserving, but definitely highly debatable. T.J. Watts was very deserving.

JJ Watts posted on twitter a side by side comparison of AD and TJ. TJ was better than him in 6/7 categories. it was interesting to see. if i can find, i'll post it here.

• 3 months later...

Thoughts on Rams draft?

Three WRs, RB, DE, DT, two LBs, CB

I like the selections of second round WR Tutu Atwell (Louisville) and fourth round WR/TE Jacob Harris (UCF).

Atwell has explosive speed and moves.  

Harris for a tall guy ran a 4.37 40.

What about OLmen though?

• 2 months later...

Cam Akers tore his Achilles https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rams-cam-akers-suffers-torn-achilles-training-ahead-of-camp-putting-2021-season-in-doubt-per-report/

Big loss considering he was set to be the starting RB and how good he looked after taking over the starting job late last year.  The Rams are all in after acquiring Stafford and not having any first round picks until 2024 so definitely not what you want to see before the season starts.

• 1 month later...