• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: Rams & Chargers coming to LA - Kroenke's Inglewood Stadium Proposal

nate

Here is food for thought.  Do the Spanos or Davis' have $1 billion dollars to give to Kroenke for their share of the stadium?  There is no public funds to help bail them out of this one.  They probably both don't want to be tenants. 

And for the Raiders, it will be even more difficult.  Because it'll be a year before they even get the option.  And when they do, Kroenke can really tighten the screws on them.  At least right now, the Rams and Chargers can negotiate something equitable since nothing really started yet.  But a year from now, when they are in full swing of construction.  Raiders will have very little say in anything. 

Im an Eagles fan (somehow it happened don't ask) so I can't really bring myself to give to much of a shit about this.  That said, this should serve as a warning to what real greed and shit faced ownership looks like.  All of 3 of these fan bases are getting ****ed bad on this.  All it takes is a 20 year old stadium a mid market town and owners like Stan Kronke and Dave Spanos.  Thank god I never got into a local NFL team.

The St Louis fans are out in all their butthurt force. Same fans curse Pujols and the Angels.

The Rams are ours. They don't get to be mad at us. Be mad at Kroenke, he obviously doesn't give a f---. Be mad at Jerry Jones, who seems like a puppet master.

So is the theory that Jones forced Kroenke out of St Louis, and then also helped keep the Raiders from moving?

reports from yesterday said that the chargers have a ballot initiative this june (?) about receiving $350 mil from the city. if that passes, plus the $100 mil the nfl promised them, it cuts down on their cost for a stadium by quite a bit. that could make it more attractive to them to stay. i'm sure teams would rather have their own stadium instead of sharing one with another team (hello, clippers fans!).

if the chargers stay in SD, then the raiders have the option of moving down to LA. their owner desperately needs/wants a new stadium, and he's willing to travel to get it. remember there were rumors a year ago that they were looking at san antonio. their owner is in a tight spot because they don't even have a lease in place for this next season with their own stadium.

i have very strong feelings against the raiders returning here. i hope whatever needs to happen for them to stay in oakland happens.