• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: Rams & Chargers coming to LA - Kroenke's Inglewood Stadium Proposal

nate

It makes more sense to only build one new stadium in L.A. for two teams to share, and try to get the Niners to allow the Raiders into Levi's Stadium.

Raiders fans still only have to make an half hour to hour commute to the games at Levi's Stadium, Chargers fans only have to travel a couple of hours to Inglewood, and Rams fans finally have our team back. 

And all 3 teams will be playing in new stadiums, with only one new stadium still needing to be built.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Tomorrow and Wednesday are the owners meetings which will decide which team(s) move to LA and where. I think Thursday will be the first day the NFL has been in LA in 21 years.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jan/10/nfl-relocation-deal-rams-chargers-stadium/

I actually like this idea from a writer at the San Diego Union Tribune. Rams and Chargers at the Carson site. The flight path thing in Inglewood might be a thing, there are real concerns about parking, and most importantly, it's far from the freeway.

As has been posted in the forum about angels stadium in the main thread, ease of access is a huge plus!

I selfishly like the retractable roof idea so a Final Four can come to California but I do like the Carson Latin better than Inglewood.

Farmer has been on the story as long as anyone but I don't think anyone (the owners included) has a clue what is going on. He has one source for the story. If he talks to another owner he may get a different answer.

Anyway, the HD Center is a nightmare but the freeway access isn't bad. It's certainly better than 4 miles on LA side streets.

Lakers/Kings games weren't exactly a picnic either.

driving to the forum from glendale was not difficult, and i did it for twenty plus years. the best part was there were small crowds, but even on sellouts it was never terrible until you got to within a block or two of the forum.

it'll be a lot different having 70,000 football fans driving to hollywood park. the good news is that the 405 is close at hand, and it's a short drive to the 110 or the 105. 

Not buying it. And Spanos has burned as many bridges in SD as Kroenke has in StL. Neither one can go back.

I do think it's liking more and more like Carson. It's rare to go against committee recommendations and it looks like they are taking a vote this afternoon. That suggests something has a good chance of happening.

The Carson project was a joint project between Raiders/Chargers so if that was the one then the Rams would be back in StL.

I know. I was just commenting on the article. I don't think Spanos has more ability to return to his market and wait than Kroenke does. That's the primary source of leverage based in the article.

I think the committee and ownership support give Spanos the leverage to pick whom he wants to partner with in Carson.

Edited by eaterfan