• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Been looking for a fun, cheap project car

nate

One of my high school teachers had an awesome 21 window VW bus deluxe. Show car worthy.  It was stolen out of his garage one night.  He reported the next morning and gave the police the lojack info and they tracked it to a shipping container.  The shipping container had diplomatic immunity seal on it from some diplomat from Saudi Arabia.  They couldn't stop them from shipping his car away.  He was a wreck for weeks after that.

That really blows.

Thanks, Obama.

It's never too late.  Youtube has made it easier than ever to learn. 

There are professional mechanics who make their entire living nowadays making videos on how to fix cars.  Youtube shares the ad revenue with them.

I'm in my mid-50s and have a child going off to college in 18 months. I'll get it in my next life. My mid-life crisis will have to find another outlet.

I'm in my mid-50s and have a child going off to college in 18 months. I'll get it in my next life. My mid-life crisis will have to find another outlet.

Kid going to college, sounds like you will have plenty of time.

You are a smart man, I bet you would pick it up quickly.  Mechanical work is all logic and having the right tool.

I always thought they were the poor mans Eclipse, or some kids starter car.

On a serious note, I mess around with the idea of an old project but can't commit and would be that dude with the same shit unfinished. I used to look for close to classic Carreras when I saw how absurd they appreciated when they hit that classic age, but have trouble pulling the trigger and storing an asset.

Yeah, there was some difference too around those models....maybe water cooled. People go nuts over one or the other.

Yeah, the 911's are the ticket. I don't even like the car but was looking up new Porsches and came across shit like a 1992 911 that cost close to the same as a new one. Just nuts.

I had a 57 Chevy Nomad bought for $1k when I was 19 or 20.  Did all the body work and had it in primer, it needed the bumpers sent out and re-chromed and was missing some trim mldgs.  This older gentleman offered me $5k for it and I thought I was making a killing.  I wish I had a time machine to take that one back. 

753027_22211854_1957_Chevrolet%2B_Panel%

Nate, this 57 panel truck is only $13,500 obo

That kinda looks like Moose. That is what my Uncle named his panel truck, it was a flat candy apple red (spray can job) with a completely modified V8 and a pair of glass packs so it would signal to all wildlife well in advance to get the hell off the road, Moose was coming and didn't have good brakes. That was back in the 70's and I think he still owns it.

Pull the trigger Nate, the wife can't say no to a wagon.

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/4022423

Never had the wagon, but I owned an '82 Peugeot 505S turbodiesel. Loved that car, really hated to part with it.

I always wanted to have a Porsche 914 to fool with. I had a friend at the University of Florida who had one. When I rode in it and he made a left turn at 55 with almost no body roll, I was sold.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Never had the wagon, but I owned an '82 Peugeot 505S turbodiesel. Loved that car, really hated to part with it.

I always wanted to have a Porsche 914 to fool with. I had a friend at the University of Florida who had one. When I rode in it and he made a left turn at 55 with almost no body roll, I was sold.

Karman Ghia will do that.

Actually they are kind of a cool project car. Getting rarer each passing year.