• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Been looking for a fun, cheap project car

nate

On 8/30/2022 at 1:56 PM, Adam said:

About to buy a new car. Like maybe today but definitely within the week.

Anyone want to buy a shitty 2011 Hyundai Sonata? The AC doesn't work. The drivers side rear door does not lock. The passenger side rear door doesn't open. The dash is cracked. The steering wheel is corroded. Front drivers side quarter panel is damaged some. 

Car has 98K miles but engine was replaced at around 50K. 

Do you ship to Texas?!?!?

If so, absolutely not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My fuel pump had been failing for a while. It has gotten to the point it is leaking fuel and when the car sits air gets into the lines and runs the fuel back to the tank so I have to crank the engine too long to get fuel back to the carbs. 

I bought a replacement from Moss, usually a reliable parts supplier but the pump they sent me is crap. 

20230102_081620.jpg

The is the fuel pump actuator lever. The casting is terrible and it will cause scoring on the camshaft. Added to that is the plastic spacers have too much gap that allows the lever to pivot side to side. At high rpm this could be a big problem. 

20230102_081803.jpg

Inside the return spring wasn't aligned to the small nipple that keeps it in place. The shaft that the lever rotates on is badly peened in place, one side the metal is so thin it will fail. 

This is what collector car enthusiasts are always complain about. Crap reproduction parts from India or China where there are neither quality control or reasonable tolerances. I'm sending it back to Moss and have another one that matches the one I am replacing from a supplier in England. 

On 1/2/2023 at 2:02 PM, Blarg said:

My fuel pump had been failing for a while. It has gotten to the point it is leaking fuel and when the car sits air gets into the lines and runs the fuel back to the tank so I have to crank the engine too long to get fuel back to the carbs. 

I bought a replacement from Moss, usually a reliable parts supplier but the pump they sent me is crap. 

20230102_081620.jpg

The is the fuel pump actuator lever. The casting is terrible and it will cause scoring on the camshaft. Added to that is the plastic spacers have too much gap that allows the lever to pivot side to side. At high rpm this could be a big problem. 

20230102_081803.jpg

Inside the return spring wasn't aligned to the small nipple that keeps it in place. The shaft that the lever rotates on is badly peened in place, one side the metal is so thin it will fail. 

This is what collector car enthusiasts are always complain about. Crap reproduction parts from India or China where there are neither quality control or reasonable tolerances. I'm sending it back to Moss and have another one that matches the one I am replacing from a supplier in England. 

Can't rebuild those?

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2023 at 1:02 PM, Blarg said:

20230102_081803.jpg

I'm far from an expert on such things, but one look at that pump shows that it is a cheap reproduction with little attention to detail. For starters, what should be a machined flat surface for mating to the engine clearly isn't.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan