• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why the Angels need Heyward more than any other team

jecho_21

The Cards have money from there TV deal, my guess he stays with with them.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of sources are predicting Cardinals. Kind of surprising to me considering the depth they have due to the exceeded expectations from their younger guys (Pham, Piscotty, Grichuck). They aren't the type of organization to throw big money around unless they are in big need. I'd say they are just the opposite with their young OFer's. They could instead use that money for SP or a power bat (some sources are predicting Davis).

Is it just me? Everytime i think of Heyward as an Angel, i think he could become Carl Crawford part 2.

Heyward is better defensively, is better at reaching base, and younger than Crawford was when he reached free agency.  They're DEFINITELY similar, but I think the dfense and OBP should help Heyward preserve his value a bit longer than Crawford.  

I mean Carl's value was largely derived from his legs, and playing all those years on that turf in TB took a toll.  Heyward should age a bit better. 

But I do understand the comp. 

The Cards have money from there TV deal, my guess he stays with with them.

I recall one of his interviews where he said he plays better in STL because of the fans. He was surprised by fans cheering a smart cutoff throw. He said the environment allows him to be a better player. Lackey made similar comments.

I recall one of his interviews where he said he plays better in STL because of the fans. He was surprised by fans cheering a smart cutoff throw. He said the environment allows him to be a better player. Lackey made similar comments.

this is just more of the same old narrative. cards fans are the best in baseball, blah, blah, blah. it's self aggrandizing by definition.

I've been to a Cards game and there is some truth to it, actually.

i have too. i'm not saying they're bad fans. i'm saying they're the same fans as the rest of america, basically. i've seen fans show up late and fans leave early from hallowed grounds. people are the same. now, if you go to a different country, then you'll see fans that put all americans to shame.

His impact comes withhold age and consistency. Being solid for the next five years almost certainly is a bigger deal that most think. Upton is actually a much closer 2nd for me than anyone else. Stay away from Gordon and be very wary of cespedes. Impact needs to

Last for more than two years.

This

The only thing that gives me pause about Heyward....would he be the leadoff hitter? If so, who would hit second? He feels like he would be perfect at #2, but that leaves us still needing a leadoff hitter, and aside from Calhoun, I'm not sure who that would be. Are there any potential 2B/3B acquisitions who would be an ideal leadoff hitter?

In my mind, Heyward is at #2 and Kole somewhere between #4-6.

Heyward, Trout, Pujols, Calhoun, Cron is a great 2-6.

Edited by totdprods