• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vernon Wells to retire after next season

Chimi

so vernon didnt hustle to get to 3B on the pop-up error yesterday? just trying to clarify

You got the Jerry Rices who bust there A$$ 24 7 365.  They practice, train the run 5 to 10 miles after the day is over.  Then they bring it 100% in the games.

Then you got the Vernon Wells.  Sits around all off season getting fat.  Bull$#its about changing his swing and taking thousands of reps on his fancy pansy pitching machine in texas.  He shows up to training on time but no earlier.  Does the bare minimum in practices, leaves early.  Swings the bat light, trots or lollygags around the field.  Throws light.  Takes it really non seriously.

But then he hustles the basepaths when the cameras are on him on Foxsports or MLBNetwork.    hmmmmm   He may have fooled you.  But not me.

It's pretty remarkable that a player like Wells who's a .270 lifer was put on this team with virtually no pressure to perform well,, and yet, he still managed to undermine even the poorest expectations of the organization.

Truly terrible. Should take a self administered pay cut for being one of the biggest boobs the game has ever seen.

I have to question the "competitor" in Vdub. Instead of talking about a 2014 retirement, he should be focused on the NOW. It does give the impression that he's given up and looking forward to retirement....conveniently after his contract is up.

It wasn't the greatest timing for that kind of statement.

I have to question the "competitor" in Vdub. Instead of talking about a 2014 retirement, he should be focused on the NOW. It does give the impression that he's given up and looking forward to retirement....conveniently after his contract is up.

THIS!

The guy just sounds more greedy when he says this. All he cares about is finishing his contract, getting his money, and then just fading away.

THIS!

The guy just sounds more greedy when he says this. All he cares about is finishing his contract, getting his money, and then just fading away.

But all I read on here is how Vernon is really trying and he just isn't skilled.  I CALL BS.  Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

I like what he brings to the board. He has first hand knowledge m0nkey

I wouldn't want to be on a message board where people just circle jerk me all day.  I like that people don't agree with me because judging from the predictions on this board last year 99 Percent didn't know what the hell they were talking about.