• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vernon Wells to retire after next season

Chimi

Honestly the Angels organization are coddling Wells.  BP ends at noon and Wells heads off for the day (my mouth hit the floor).  Doesn't even have to board the bus for Peoria for the Mariners game.

WTF?!?   Are you kidding me.  Make the dude at least earn some of that money.  Have him clean the bathroom or something.  Incredible.  

Hey Lou, he needs to drop at least ~20 pounds and become a defensive presence and/or start hitting to right field more. He doesn't have the bat speed to be a dead pull hitter anymore, he needs to make adjustments to his game just like any other baseball player does as they age.

Honestly the Angels organization are coddling Wells.  BP ends at noon and Wells heads off for the day (my mouth hit the floor).  Doesn't even have to board the bus for Peoria for the Mariners game.

WTF?!?   Are you kidding me.  Make the dude at least earn some of that money.  Have him clean the bathroom or something.  Incredible.  

Ya, why are the Angels treating Wells exactly like every other player that isn't scheduled to play that day is treated????

Ya, why are the Angels treating Wells exactly like every other player that isn't scheduled to play that day is treated????

So you are saying a guy who makes 24 million this year deserves to hit the golf course early?  BTW minor leaguers were on the field till 1pm on the West field by the main road.  

You know what I am saying.  Make him play with them.  Since his hitting is on par with them.

Hey Lou, he needs to drop at least ~20 pounds and become a defensive presence and/or start hitting to right field more. He doesn't have the bat speed to be a dead pull hitter anymore, he needs to make adjustments to his game just like any other baseball player does as they age.

someone posted earlier that he was working with Jaramillo to do just that

I know when people try and when they slack.  Today in batting practice Well was just slapping the ball.  It was like watching 8 year old in little league who are forced to be there by their parents.

He looks like he has ZERO motivation.

he busted his @ss around the bases and ended up on 3B on the pop-up/error yesterday. hardly a guy "mailing it in"

did you catch the game?

So you are saying a guy who makes 24 million this year deserves to hit the golf course early?  BTW minor leaguers were on the field till 1pm on the West field by the main road.  

You know what I am saying.  Make him play with them.  Since his hitting is on par with them.

I'm saying it's ridiculous to expect the Angels to treat Vernon Wells any different than the other guys in big league camp who they didn't have make the trip.

The amount of money Wells is owed wasn't due to anything Reagins but it certainly wasn't a very good move. In business you wouldn't want to acquire a company with non-negotiable leases or overhead expenses that prevent the acquisition from positively contributing to your bottom line. Even though you didn't sign the leases or work out the contracts it's still stupid to take them on if you can't change them and they are shitty.

Also, obviously Wells is trying. He's just not very good anymore. And I see no problem with him taking the money. The owners signed a contract with him based on him providing his full effort. He is doing that. They believed that his full effort would result in a higher contribution to the club than it is. They were wrong. That has nothing to do with him.