• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Trade:

Calhoun, Santiago, Kubitza, Cron/Prospect For Manny Machado.

I'm not on my computer right now. I just wanted to throw out a few suggestions and see how you guys feel about em'.

Welcome to the forum, Bryan.

No offense, but the Orioles would laugh at the Angels if they proposed that trade. You're offering two average plus starters (Calhoun, Santiago), one fringe prospect (Kubitza) and a mediocre DH/1B for a young superstar, one of the more valuable commodities in baseball.

Per mlbtr

Mets asked about Simmons Braves started talk with deGrom and harvey.

Yeah we don't have the pieces for Simmons imo. Talk would start with Newcomb then Aybar for his expiring contract

They could have asked for that as a starting point to have them hang up the phone. I doubt Atlanta wants to trade him inside the division.

Per mlbtr

Mets asked about Simmons Braves started talk with deGrom and harvey.

Yeah we don't have the pieces for Simmons imo. Talk would start with Newcomb then Aybar for his expiring contract

Probably a higher cost due to being in same division too.

Plus, if you had a great position player and the Mets came calling, why wouldn't you aim high and ask for a SP right off the bat?

Remember they have Wheeler and Montero still too.

Welcome to the forum, Bryan.

No offense, but the Orioles would laugh at the Angels if they proposed that trade. You're offering two average plus starters (Calhoun, Santiago), one fringe prospect (Kubitza) and a mediocre DH/1B for a young superstar, one of the more valuable commodities in baseball.

I mean the trades got to start somewhere. Baltimore is still under the illusion they can compete in their division and knows Manny is going to cost a pretty penny in a few seasons. your not gonna get much more in terms of bodies, so maybe change a few names but not much. You think the Angels are going to trade everyone of value in their organization? Cron, Santiago, and Calhoun alone are team and cost controlled for years, putting up his production and more. That.s not including any prospects or bullpen arms.

What about a similar group trade to the Me'ts for Noah Syndergaard. They've got a lot of pitching depth and a few holes.

Calhoun, Santiago, Newcomb, prospects.

I mean the trades got to start somewhere. Baltimore is still under the illusion they can compete in their division and knows Manny is going to cost a pretty penny in a few seasons. your not gonna get much more in terms of bodies, so maybe change a few names but not much. You think the Angels are going to trade everyone of value in their organization? Cron, Santiago, and Calhoun alone are team and cost controlled for years, putting up his production and more. That.s not including any prospects or bullpen arms.

What about a similar group trade to the Me'ts for Noah Syndergaard. They've got a lot of pitching depth and a few holes.

Calhoun, Santiago, Newcomb, prospects.

They don't need that much pitching back in return, and with Conforto, Lagares, Nimmo, and Granderson (and potentially Cespedes) they probably don't need OF help any longer, but I've pitched a Calhoun for a Mets starter idea. 

That SP acquired could then be flipped for offensive help at multiple positions, or that starter could step in for Richards or Heaney, who could be flipped for young, cheap, offensive help at multiple positions.

Then sign two FA hitters.

Edited by totdprods

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m1 minute ago

Source: #Mariners acquire Joaquin Benoit from #Padres. Return not yet know.

Corey Brock ‏@FollowThePadres 2m2 minutes ago

#Padres trade RP Joaquin Benoit to #Mariners for RHP Enyel De Los Santos, INF Nelson Ward. Santos, 19, big arm. 15 teams called on Benoit.

Edited by bloodbrother

#Padres trade RP Joaquin Benoit to #Mariners for RHP Enyel De Los Santos, INF Nelson Ward. Santos, 19, big arm. 15 teams called on Benoit.

Just looking at last years Baseball America rankings, none of the Mariners top 10 prospects.  

dang, was hoping we could get him

I find it laughable to think we have a "surplus" of pitching... we have a bunch of average pitching at best. Nothing to take home about unless Richards pitches like he did two years, Skaggs comes back from surgery like its cool and CJ stops nibbling. With all of that I would say we are pretty average with a pretty turd bullpen besides Street & Smith.  

we have a surplus of average pitching

Just looking at last years Baseball America rankings, none of the Mariners top 10 prospects.  

Their farm system is in much better shape than ours -- their issue has been more along the lines of guys that have talent failing to perform, or  stagnating to a degree, whereas we just flat out lack the raw talent as a whole.