• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The GM Meetings - Boca Raton, FL - Nov. 9-12

tomsred

The annual GM Meetings are set to take place this week in Boca Raton, Florida from November 9-12th.  Anyone heard any good gossip or rumors about anything?  It usually doesn't produce trades or signings, but is more of a ground setting venture leading up to the Winter Meetings in December.  I know there are usually Rules discussions, and a review of Umpire Performance from the previous season, but a lot of the meetings are confidential.

From what I understand, this is a really laid back "ground rules" type of event where it's just networking among GM's and their teams.  If I'm not mistaken, the Hank Conger for Nick Tropeano + Carlos Perez deal grew out of a short conversation that began at these meetings last offseason.  So no, I wouldn't expect any trades to happen, but I do think this is a chance for Eppler to get to know his own team, and kind of introduce himself formally to other GM's who may have only known him in passing before.

Sorry, Ocho. Didn't read your post until we were over the Gulf.

I'm having lunch with Eppler tomorrow. Will share info when I'm able.

We understand Tank, not good to show up late at the meetings.  If you show up late you can go straight to AW Hell, and never resurface.

Sorry Ocho, we're stuck here again, this time analyzing the Lackey sweepstakes.

Edited by tomsred

Looks like the Twins won the bid on Byung-Ho Park. If they come to terms, with Park, Mauer, and Sano, it could make Plouffe expendable. Definitely could see the Angels matching up for him. He'd be able to spell Albert at first on occasion, maybe even some LF or 2B here or there if Kubitza/Cowart emerge and wind up needing a place to play.

Looks like the Twins won the bid on Byung-Ho Park. If they come to terms, with Park, Mauer, and Sano, it could make Plouffe expendable. Definitely could see the Angels matching up for him. He'd be able to spell Albert at first on occasion, maybe even some LF or 2B here or there if Kubitza/Cowart emerge and wind up needing a place to play.

Just started this topic. Didn't see your post. I could see a Santiago for Plouffe trade and have Plouffe play 3B.

AW.com must be doing well ... hope we're all invited.

LOL. AW funds didn't contribute a penny toward this purchase, or the last two homes. 

I wish it did though. 

Selling my house in So. Cal in 2005 was the biggest factor. Selling it for triple of what I purchased it for just three years prior. 

No worries tank. I probably couldnt have gotten the day off anyway. Me and tomsred will hopd down the fort back here. Tell friedman he still has my coneheads dvd. I didnt forget.

no worries. 

eppler's not much into fine dining. got the early bird special at denny's (grilled cheese and tomato soup). the chisox delegation is a few tables from us and they were arguing with the server about their 'moons over my hammy' order. buncha weirdo's, those chicago guys. want to put hot peppers over everything.

freidman says you'll get your Coneheads DVD back once you return his Encino Man graphic novel.

no worries. 

eppler's not much into fine dining. got the early bird special at denny's (grilled cheese and tomato soup). the chisox delegation is a few tables from us and they were arguing with the server about their 'moons over my hammy' order. buncha weirdo's, those chicago guys. want to put hot peppers over everything.

freidman says you'll get your Coneheads DVD back once you return his Encino Man graphic novel.

Oh crap, I'm so jealous, I love grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Also, devastating news, Ryan Jackson has cleared waivers, and is now a free agent.