• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What places do you refuse to eat?

nate

It is very necessary.

No, it isn't. Grab 1 packet of spread for free, use it in place of ketchup, and it tastes exactly the same. 

I think the point, Nate, is that most people make burgers from ground meat they buy from the store, and it is perhaps not the best advice to suggest people eat their ground beef red at medium due to the contaminants and bacteria that doesn't burn away when made at those temperatures. 

Yes. It's obvious that you are a fancy pants with your meat. Us carnivores all love a nice, juicy "not burnt to sh**" burger every so often. Taking a filet or porterhouse, and cooking the crap out of it would not be the best way of cooking it. But making it the regular norm is not sound advice. Also let's set the record straight that In N Out does NOT serve their burgers "medium" pink like you are suggesting, and that is certain. 

Even if you're buying a steak or filet and having it ground at the butcher, that doesn't mean it hasn't been contaminated, and that doesn't mean you don't run the risk of getting sick from not cooking it thoroughly. 

I would also not suggest putting my health at risk due to the hands of some butcher who can very easily, mistakenly and improperly, handle the meat. 

I have been eating beef that way for over a decade Cali and have never gotten sick from it.  The fact is that Beef is very unlikely to get you sick.  Poultry is by far the biggest issue when it comes to food borne illnesses.

Don't care what you've done or how long, there are lots of factors that go into safely eating ground beef at medium, and IMO your advice is still irresponsible and inaccurate.

Getting sick with contaminated beef is no joking matter, and a ten year streak by one dude is something I wouldn't risk trusting with my health.