• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What places do you refuse to eat?

nate

Damn, I love In N Out.  You can't get a fast food hamburger better than what they make.  They are one of the few places that makes the burgers medium instead of severely well done.

I get a double double with raw onions, no tomato and animal style fries.

Nate obviously skipped over the name of the thread and just felt like posting about In N Out. 

The thread that I started?  Did you read the last page to see people were talking about In n Out?  I know it is amazing that a thread in this forum got sidetracked.

Ground beef does not need to be cooked thoroughly if it is quality ground beef, medium is perfect!

No, all ground beef is mixed bacteria. Quality has nothing to do with the bacteria spread. E. coli is not prejudice to quality hamburger or cheap brands. Now, if you make your own ground beef from sirloin you are likely fine. A lot of quality restaurants ask how you want your burger cooked because they make their own patties.

I like my burgers (depending on where I am ordering from) medium as well. Most red meat and fish is fine, it's poultry that you mainly have to worry about with regards to foodborne illness.  

E. coli is mostly a risk because of stomach & large intestine bacteria from the animal being slaughtered.  Quality ground beef is made from sirloin, lower quality has intestines and other shit mixed in lowering the quality.

Food poisoning usually happens because the meat was butchered incorrectly.

From what cuts of beef are ground beef and hamburger made?

Generally, ground beef is made from the less tender and less popular cuts of beef. Trimmings from more
                                tender cuts may also be used. Grinding tenderizes the meat and the fat reduces its dryness and
                                improves flavor.

Can bacteria spread from one surface to another?

Yes. It is called cross-contamination. Bacteria in raw meat juices can contaminate foods that have
                                been cooked safely or raw foods that won't be cooked, such as salad ingredients. Bacteria also can
                                be present on equipment, hands, and even in the air.

Is it dangerous to eat raw or undercooked ground beef?

Yes. Raw and undercooked meat may contain harmful bacteria. USDA recommends not eating or tasting
                                raw or undercooked ground beef. To be sure all bacteria are destroyed, cook meat loaf, meatballs,
                                and hamburgers to a safe minimum internal temperature of 160 °F (71.1 °C). Use a food thermometer to
                                check that they have reached a safe internal temperature.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets/Ground_Beef_and_Food_Safety/index.asp#8