• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

XBone question

TobiasFunke

Assuming that Brandon was asking about Xbox and PS4.

Keep in mind I bought my Xbox 6+ months ago, but at the time the PS4 didn't have DLNA capabilities.  They had said they would have it added by Nov 2014 but the new year passed and they still didn't say exactly when they would add it.  I used my PS3 for DLNA/Bluray primarily so it was the most important thing I was looking for in a console.  I don't know if they added it now or not.  I actually would have preferred the PS4 if they both could do DLNA.

DLNA if you don't know is network streaming on a home network.  If you are familiar with Plex, it uses DLNA.  Basically I have a network attached storage running Twonky server.  It has 4 TB of storage and it is full of movies and music.

Nov 12th is when the new GUI comes out for the XB1. 

They promise it will be much more intuitive, and MUCH MUCH faster with going between apps. 

We'll see. 

Yea the GUI isn't great.  I don't notice much as far as switching between apps but it seems buggy and I have to exit out of apps from time to time in order to get them to work again.  Usually right after I boot up my system.

i heard that new "elite" controller is badass.

is that the way to go? buy a console and like 2 or 4 of those?

I heard they're great, too. They cost like $150, though.

Speaking of controllers, I'm going to buy one of these Steam controllers in a couple days:

header.jpg?t=1446672494

Was able to get a hands on with the elite controller today at the local Microsoft store.  Let me say, it feels amazing.  Just holding it and the grip on the controller just seems perfect for your hand.  The interchangeable joysticks were nice even though I still preferred the short ones.  The best part of the controller is definitely the triggers.  The response time to the short trigger is very quick and to be quite honest, felt like a lot less strain on the hand.  After playing shooters for a while, my hand will cramp up especially from the triggers.  But this felt very nice.  I was definitely sold on it.  I was going to buy one but decided it's close enough to Christmas that I can get someone else to buy it for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah that makes sense to me.

external drives are so cheap nowadays, is there any advantage to paying extra for the bigger installed drive?

i assume its all just markup, like iPhones.

IIRC the internal drives are 5400rpm spinning disks on an admittedly unsaturated SATA 2 bus. This was to reduce the heat and sound being generated inside the device. Think RROD. The external drives, even just 7200rpm spinning disks let alone shelling out of SSDs, often load games faster using the faster USB 3 bus than the internals.  Haven't tested this theory yet.