• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

XBone question

TobiasFunke

I'm considering buying an Xbox One.  (I must say that XBone sounds hilarious.)

Questions for XBox One owners: I have an XBox 360 which the fan can be noisy at times when I want to play at night with the family asleep.  Is the Xbox One less noisy??

Since I'm an avid Costco shopper, I'll purchase it there.  From reading their T&Cs electronics can be returned within 90 days of purchase, if I do not like XBone.

My XBone seems quiet.  Costco is a good choice.

Keep in mind a second controller is like 75 dollars if you get the rechargeable battery.

I have Xbox live but I never play online.  It is like 50 bucks a year so no big deal and it gives you access to some of the arcade games and stuff.  I honestly almost never play any games.  Madden on occasion and my wife plays D3.

95% of the time it is being used for Netflix, Bluray or my library of "backed up" movies and tv shows.

Perhaps wait till Black Friday?

I’ve seen since Best Buy’s impressive TV/Xbox One offering. It features a 500 gb Xbox One, Fallout 4, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and an extra controller for $299.99.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/10/20/black-friday-leak-xbox-one-with-two-controllers-fallout-4-and-gears-of-war-for-299-99/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

I just got a 1 TB external hard drive for my XB1 because the internal was at 90% capacity, and Halo 5 comes out next week.  

Getting the external to work was super simple, and transferring games is very easy, and pretty fast. Took about 4 minutes to transfer Neverwinter, which is 13 gigs. 

I just wanted to throw that out there for any potential buyers who were worried about hard drive space, because it gets used up pretty fast.  I know some people are going as big as a 4 GB external, which seems absurd to me.  I'm going to wait for the price of SSD externals to go down before thinking about buying any other storage. 

that doesn't sound absurd to me.

unless you meant 4MB, because that's definitely absurd. can't even hold a dozen TI-86 games with 4MB.

;) 4TB yeah that's a huge disk. i would never have a single disk that size. you are begging for data loss when it craps out.

Are the graphics that big of a difference of GTAV comparing 360 to the One?

I'm PS4, but played (still play the new one) both. I'm not one of those graphics guys that gets excited, but the difference is extremely impressive and noticeable. Initially, that was the only real reason to get the next gen version, but now Rockstar has stopped adding new material to online, they still support it, but all the new material released is only for next gen and PC.

Hey Gamers:

I'm getting an XBox One soon.  This is my first console purchase in well over a decade.  I don't count the Wii because it's for the kids.  I figure I'll buy the 500GB version and pair it with a 2TB external hard drive.  

I can buy an XBox One at Costco today for $340 and a 2TB external hard drive for about $90.  Or will there be better deals out there for Black Friday??

The two game I absolutely want are Halo 5 and Battlefront.  Gotta get my Master Chief and Star Wars fix.

Costco has an online special thru this Sunday:

Buy an Xbox One accessory with a console and save $37.

AND

Buy an Xbox One game valued at $49.99 or more with a console and save $51.

So I went online and placed an order for the following:

$349.99  XBOX One 500GB console bundle which includes The Lego Movie Videogame

$49.99    Halo 5: Guardians 

$47.99    XBOX One Wireless Controller

$432.97  Subtotal

($88.00)  Less Promotion ($37+$51 promos)

$11.99    Shipping and Handling

$40.05    Tax

$397.00  TOTAL

You basically get an Xbox game and a wireless accessory for less than $20 when buying the console.  

Looks like a great deal.

Edited by Section517

I'm thinking about picking an XBone. Is that Halo remaster collection fixed yet, or is it still a buggy mess? Also, what games do you folks recommend? (I own a ps4 and wii u). 

I also want to fire up Condemned (X360), so it'd be great if that were backwards compatible.

There is minimal backwards compatibility so I definitely wouldn't count on it.  Already having a ps4 I don't see much reason to get an Xbox unless you really want to play Halo.

Only reason I went Xbox over PS4 was because the media player on the Xbox is way better

The Halo Masterchief Collection is better than it was at launch, but I don't think I'll ever play it again. I deleted it from my hard drive. 

Halo 5 is pretty ****ing good, though.

I'm looking forward to Halo Reach with backward compatibility for the trolling opportunities. 

I really hope Portal 2 is also backward compatible. 

I've enjoyed playing Destiny, Dragon Age Inquisition, and Witcher 3 on XB1.

Ah, that's not reassuring at all (re: Halo Master Chief Collection). Portal 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but I play it on Steam as it would suck to play with a controller.

There is minimal backwards compatibility so I definitely wouldn't count on it.  Already having a ps4 I don't see much reason to get an Xbox unless you really want to play Halo.

Only reason I went Xbox over PS4 was because the media player on the Xbox is way better

I use my PS3 for media/DLNA and Apple TV for paid content. I heard that the Xbox was great for media, is the blu ray play back better or something?

I guess I'll just stick to my PS4 for now. 

Edited by failos