• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

Where do you get Hussien murdered millionsof Iraqis?

I don't know the numbers but there was pretty solid evidence he used poison gas on the Kurdish tribes in the north. He was a pretty brutal dictator on his own people, and his two sons were up to their eyeballs in it, too.

Is there a reason you only care about Americans? Don't all people deserve better than that?

Of course people deserve better than that but it's not our responsibility to police the world. We don't have the means to do it. This country is broke. We are funding our way of life by printing money. Our government already has us involved in two ongoing wars and now they want us to dabble in a third? It's pure insanity.

We need to fix our own house before we try (and fail) to fix someone else's.

Of course people deserve better than that but it's not our responsibility to police the world. We don't have the means to do it. This country is broke. We are funding our way of life by printing money. Our government already has us involved in two ongoing wars and now they want us to dabble in a third? It's pure insanity.

We need to fix our own house before we try (and fail) to fix someone else's.

Exactly.

It's time that this "United Nations" thing become a tangible player.  The USA is stretched too thin around the world already, with plenty of problems at home.

Plus, we have those lovely negotiations with the "Taliban" going-on... Seriously?!  WTF?!  This country is flushing around the bowl with it's welfare system, and now pandering to terrorism...

Exactly.

It's time that this "United Nations" thing become a tangible player.  The USA is stretched too thin around the world already, with plenty of problems at home.

Plus, we have those lovely negotiations with the "Taliban" going-on... Seriously?!  WTF?!  This country is flushing around the bowl with it's welfare system, and now pandering to terrorism...

Yeah whatever happened to the whole not negotiating with terrorist things?

The Taliban keep launching attacks in Kabul and throughout Pakistan yet we are meant to iron it out with a sit down meeting?

Why can't you understand that these horrific scenes (while terrible and barbaric) don't represent the opposition? These people would not get the weapons.

Also today, 90 civilians were killed by snipers, scud missiles, etc. That doesn't get much attention, but one beheading does. I think the media has really blown if on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

So we said we would arm the rebels with weapons therefore pissing off Assad, Russia, etc. but... we're not really sending them?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/07/10/syria-arms-cia-assad-rebels-homs/2503247/

Maybe it's because the UK "assess that al-Qaida elements and individual jihadists in Syria currently represent the most worrying emerging terrorist threat to the UK and the west"?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/10/al-qaida-syria-terrorist-threat

This administration's foreign policy continues to baffle me.

• 1 month later...

The Syrian "freedom fighters" we're supporting just blew up a building in a Hezbollah neighborhood of Beruit today. I'm pretty sure they're a little pissed.

It's good to see us knee deep in this crap.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/loud-explosion-rocks-hezbollah-stronghold-in-beiruts-southern-suburbs-smoke-seen-rising/2013/08/15/20dc5ca6-05c0-11e3-bfc5-406b928603b2_story.html

Should we be the ones who try to stop it? 

First of all, I'm not fully convinced it was the Syrian government.  I'm also not on the bandwagon of pissing off Russia even more. 

I just don't see a way of fixing that problem.  The sides are all messed up, there are millions of good people, but no really good side.  Both have their hands dirty.

Should we be the ones who try to stop it? 

First of all, I'm not fully convinced it was the Syrian government.  I'm also not on the bandwagon of pissing off Russia even more. 

I just don't see a way of fixing that problem.  The sides are all messed up, there are millions of good people, but no really good side.  Both have their hands dirty.

No doubt that there's bad people on each side.

However, what credibility does the government possess for you to say it wasn't them?  The U.S. has clearly said that they know that the government is in control of all of the chemical weapons.  1+1=2.

As Americans, with the most elite military in the world, we have an obligation to intervene when human rights atrocities are being committed.

Also, **** Russia.

It's not Asaad's credibility, it's our own government's credibility.

It's not like we haven't been misled before regarding weaponry of certain governments.  I would ask what credibility does our government have?

It's easy to say that about Russia, but not easy to do it in real life.  Do you want to have a  conflict with them?

It's not Asaad's credibility, it's our own government's credibility.

It's not like we haven't been misled before regarding weaponry of certain governments.  I would ask what credibility does our government have?

It's easy to say that about Russia, but not easy to do it in real life.  Do you want to have a  conflict with them?

Fair enough.

But do you also believe that France, UK, Germany, Turkey, UAE, etc don't have credibility? That would be a little wacky.

In regards to Russia, I highly doubt that turns into a major problem.  It also sets a precedent.  Should we back down and allow chemical warfare just because a nation flexes it's muscles?

Edit:  Duh, forgot Israel, with perhaps the best intelligence in the world.

Edited by Scott34