• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

Suddenly we have "proof" that Assad used WMD against the rebels, so that's the trigger that forces us to become more involved?  We didn't believe strongly enough in the rebels' cause before, but now we do?  Sorry, this doesn't pass the smell test.

What are you talking about "suddenly"?

We've always believed in the rebel (FSA and SMC) cause, by the way.

First rule in war is disrupt the 3 C's. Command, control, communication.

Shock and Awe campaign. Knock all those out, take out the SAM's and then leave the country. That's what Bush Sr. did. Well, and he completely obliterated their Air Force and Army. But that's not the point.

I'm not ignoring anything. They've made a family tradition of slaughtering their enemies for 50 years. I'm just pointing out that there's probably plenty of people in our government who hate to see them go.

I don't see how innocent women and children (among innocent men) are enemies of anyone.

I highly doubt people of our government want Assad to stay in power.

Saddam murdered millions of Iraqis. Doesn't mean it was a good thing to get involved and remove him for whatever reasons that were given to the American people. I was 18 years old in 2003 and a supporter of the Iraq War. Hindsight tells me I was dead wrong. If Egypt, Libya, Syria or any other country wants to overthrow their dictator, that's fine by me if it means we don't get involved unless it's absolutely necessary. No need to get involved and get our hands dirty. 

Also these dictators may be horrible people but let's not think that among these rebels, there isn't one to replace them. I know it's kind of lame but there is that quote from The Patriot. "Why should we trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away."

Half of the "rebels" are jihadist/al quaeda insurgents from other countries. They're nothing but religious mercenaries from places like Iran and Jordan. It's good to see our CIA keeps a consistent basis on who they back up.

/sarc

Half of the "rebels" are jihadist/al quaeda insurgents from other countries. They're nothing but religious mercenaries from places like Iran and Jordan. It's good to see our CIA keeps a consistent basis on who they back up.

/sarc

That's just simply not true.  More like 10%, and the vast majority of the rebels are Syrians fighting for their country.

Poor poor argument.

Referencing one barbaric al Qaeda member.

I take it you have not seen the thousands of dead bodies under torture in Assad prisons or the raped and killed women.

How about the babies in Baniyas with their heads cut off.

I take it you also haven't seen the FSA trying to set up normal life again in northern Aleppo and al Raqqa. Or passing out water and food and fuel.

We need to stay out of this. There are hundreds of dictators in hundreds of countries killing thousands and thousands of their own people.

It's not possible to cover all of these and I am just not a believer that our government is any purer than any of those dictators.

There are 195 countries.

And which countries have dictators killing thousands? I'd like to see that list.

Take about 75% of African countries, about 30% of Asain countries about 15% of South American and Central American countries.

They are killing their citizens by murder, corruption, keeping the food sources and aid for themselves.  Why is Sudan less important than Syria?  How about the Congo?  How about Venezuela?  How about Turkmenistan?  Pakistan?  Laos?  Myanmar?  Rwanda?

That the Assad regime is bad is a given but it's not so clear that the rebels are any better. If you're going to aid in the overthrow of a sovereign government it makes sense to be real sure before you start handing over weapons, especially when you're going to justify it by saying you object to the atrocities they've committed over 50 years. 

Poor poor argument.

Referencing one barbaric al Qaeda member.

I take it you have not seen the thousands of dead bodies under torture in Assad prisons or the raped and killed women.

How about the babies in Baniyas with their heads cut off.

I take it you also haven't seen the FSA trying to set up normal life again in northern Aleppo and al Raqqa. Or passing out water and food and fuel.

Actually I have seen that and guess what... it's not my problem. If you want support Team America World Police then do it with your own money, not mine.